NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober

Options

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Challenge – Do more self-care. Still doing my 365 days of self care journal and 365 tiny love challenges.
    Organise. This I must to. Have been fine. Everything ready for tomorrow, eg shopping list with shopping money in purse and have a list of what else I need to do.
    Regular budget Budget done.
    No Spend Days NSD today 5/20.
    Exercise Did 1 lap of my usual route around the park.
    Christmas This is already sorted. Have put money into a savings account each month for the year. Immediate family all get money. Christmas will be a difficult time for me so I will concentrate on self-care. Usually I spend time around my sister’s. Will have to wait to see what the plans are for this year.
    Banned - Was fine today.
    Extra Income Will be doing surveys when possible. Done a survey today.
    Report - Reporting in.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your Saturday of freedom f0xh0les. We have another 2 weeks until half term here.

Today I am grateful for the mist giving way to lovely sunshine, for finding the spring pool up in the woods, for a good walk, for liddle selling v1tal1te, for finding some clothes for mum in the charity shops, for buses that turned up on time, for my felt houses looking rather good, for my first attempt at cooking mackerel being a success.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I have another fortnight until half term as well. I may be in hibernation before then though, as I'm so tired I don't think I have another fortnight in me. Good luck F0xh0les.
    I've been remarkably well planned considering how tired and 'emotional' I am. I went grocery shopping after work so shouldn't need anything very much at all any time soon, so I'm still up for the spend freeze. That means that today wasn't a nsd but it wasn't a frivolous spend by any means.
    More of the same here so I won't bore you with it. I'm spending the evening with tv and a bottle of something alcoholic.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I still have 5 school days left!
    Don't congratulate me yet.
    I will need it closer to time.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mothernerd - hope you have managed to stay upright today. I don't recommend my horizontal shenanigans!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ah apple I would have been one step in front of you and would have lain (no idea if that is right, it's one step further on then chickens laying and people lying) on the floor so I could not fall any further (preferably curled round a bucket - children do follow instructions like "Fetch me a bucket" when you've gone green and are writhing on the floor.

Feeling better but still weak and had a serious dizzy spell as I was getting stuff to the taxi (many heavy bags and too much bending down) coming home. Did the sewing and delivery of (mainly) cleaning materials. Did not garden but did play with the 18 month old twins who were visiting (fortunately no mad dogs today). Mummy twin's parents were on holiday last week so she ended up with 2 daft dogs and 1 downright vicious one, when her sister was at work (plus the babies and her sister's 2y.o. all day and 2 more after school).

Today I am grateful for progress with the sewing (but seem to have missing bits despite pairing everything off on Wednesday), for a NSD (calculated I spent £54.62 yesterday including my items that were in today's delivery) and for finding a few t'shirts.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 October 2018 at 10:18PM
    Options
    Thrifty - I have milk and bread in, it's just fresh stuff I'm worried about.

Just try. Most stuff will keep for a week, like fruit, cheese etc. I now tend to have a backup packet of ham in the freezer as that goes off quicker. Is there sth in particular you're worried about running out/not keeping?

Did some mending today. First DD's £5 Asda skirt that she looooves. And then a wee fleecy pillow that DS got when he was 1 (6 years ago) and still takes to bed.

Might not be on again till Monday due to lack of access. Have a good weekend
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • I_Want_to_be_Free
    Options
    Hello everyone :wave: Is it too late to join this challenge for October? I have spent all evening working out how much I owe on credit cards, when any 0% offers run out so I can plan for it and also starting to put together a budget so I can work out my debt free date. Tomorrow will be spent tidying, gathering/cataloguing/photograpthing things to sell and doing a SOA so I can work out a realistic budget. I got my first NSD of the month today :T If you'll have me then I'll try to get my budget sorted tomorrow and post on my challenge etc :D xxx
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Challenge: Oops forgot this one yesterday! Don't smoke & rarely drink either, so it has to be giving up unhealthy snacks...Ok today except for small cake (fondant fancy) after supper. And no chocolate!

No Spend Challenge: Do like the sound of this but do my shopping on Tuesday, I could prep by shopping at the weekend but hate going then & never do if humanly possible to avoid....hmm will have to ponder.
    Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards. Plan your meals around them. Cook from scratch. Don't buy anything you can make unless cost /time taken dictates otherwise. If you are new to turtle challenges or still have full cupboards you could try living from the cupboards. Used up leftover bolognaise to make a lasagne. Freezing not Eating through the mountain of sweet stuff. Tomorrow will check contents of fridges (and maybe freezers) to see what needs using first.

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October. If you don't know how much you are spending on food or petrol, now is the time to find out. Question every purchase - need or want? No purchases today; wood arrived but withdrew (& counted) cash earlier in the week so claiming an NSD for today.

No Spend Days. Aim for 20 (high target) or 15 (low). Am aiming for 15 but hoping for more. Now 2/15.

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist. think of a substitute ingredient, how to make an old/broken piece of furniture last a little longer. Added a bag of Quorn to make bolognaise stretch to making a large lasagne. 4 large portions left plus a piece of garlic bread.

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time). Get outside in daylight as often as possible. Out this morning to prepare for the load of wood, emptying the 2 sides of the log stores (never used as one before). Then some gardening before it rained. Afternoon then was taken by moving & stacking logs, never realised how many there was in a tipper load....

Christmas Logs will keep us warm at Christmas, we have CH but use an open fire as well. Is it mean to be pleased that DH got called for jury service so will be out of the house for 2 weeks in December :j - so I can get on with things in peace...

Finally Don't Be A Martyr For Christmas.

Banned Will only be chippys normally with the odd takeaway planned for a celebration etc. No takeaways today.

Extra Income and Extra time Seem to have got quite a bit done today, mainly due to the fact DD had lunch out with friend, and then went to her own house....yaay!! And is out with work do tomorrow, so won't be here until at least Sunday.

Report in, daily if possible I'm here..

Go turtles !!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I_want_to_be_free welcome. Seems like you got the right mindset already. Read the previous posts and see if you fancy next week's spending freeze :)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure