PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Are houses being dressed professionally?

Options

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Grey and yellow together must be my least favourite colour combination, quite apart from the fact that it is favoured by Dyson. Other vacuum cleaners are available.
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Grey and yellow together must be my least favourite colour combination, quite apart from the fact that it is favoured by Dyson. Other vacuum cleaners are available.

Also known as 'McDonaldisation' (substitute the s for a zee if you're American). Other burgers and fries are available.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Margot123 wrote: »
    Also known as 'McDonaldisation' (substitute the s for a zee if you're American). Other burgers and fries are available.

I really wouldn't know as burgers are, imho, landfill. American? Not guilty.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    silverwhistle - I have books galore, I'm a voracious reader. I have only one bookcase though :s When the EA was doing our photos I made him stand and wait while I shuffled the piles and piles and piles of books from one corner to the other so they wouldn't be photo'd. No viewer seemed to care about them when they came round :)

I thought everyone did this?
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    I have bookshelves everywhere (plus the obligatory piles of books) even though I do pass a lot on. I haven't seen many houses with books recently,
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    People are either reading less, or hiding them.

I see plenty of houses with eleventy squillion cds/dvds though!
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • barbiedoll
    Options
    Check out the hilariously awful FB page called “DIY on a budget”. It’s full of people sharing photos of their glitter-encrusted ceilings, homemade lamps and “feature walls”.

I’m dreading the day when I sell my house.....I’ve got a blue and yellow kitchen. Oh, the horror!
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • quotememiserable
    Options
    hc25036 wrote: »
    ..and another thing - we are looking at 3 bed houses in Oxon/Wilts/Northamptonshire and about 80% of the properties have a guitar (or three) in the photos.
    I asked our agent whether it was a trend when they came to take our photos and he pointed out the 3 guitars in my son's bedroom!

One is never enough. Ask anyone who plays guitar how many they have. I've heard any answer from 3 to 20. Never one.
  • bertiewhite
    Options
    I hate the trend as well but for every one of us that does, I bet there's plenty that love it and a sale is a sale at the end of the day.

Who cares?

On the other hand, I viewed a cottage last week that was crammed full of model trains & railways memorabilia but it doesn't mean only spotters will be interested in buying. I was able to look past that as it will all be gone with the vendor.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    One is never enough. Ask anyone who plays guitar how many they have. I've heard any answer from 3 to 20. Never one.

I only have the one, but I wouldn't call myself a guitar player. There was a workshop type thing a few years ago near me, being run by the marvelously named Dogfinger Steve, so I went. We built ourselves a cigar box guitar, and learned to play a simple tune, and that's as far as I got.

My friend Fi bought herself a guitar from a charity shop for a tenner and really took to it. So she built herself one from youtube videos. Then she built a mandolin and learned how to play it. Now she's learning the lute she just built. Next is a harp!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure