What small DFW things will you do w/c 10th September?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 September 2018 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Hi September Savers,

Morning!:coffee:Work today. 3 days before our holiday. :(:)

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Take medication. Done.

* Turn alarm clock off at the wall til tonight. Done.

* Get some exercise. Parked away from work and walked in.

* Packed lunch for work and coffee sachets. Done.

To be continued....

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,
    Busy day today, as we are hospital visiting later & it's 3 counties away.
    *Take soup out of freezer for tomorrow's packed lunch & tonight's meal. We will probably be late back & soup with cheese on toast will be about right.
    *Pick beans & tomatoes. Check sweetcorn cobs again for ripeness.
    *Park on outskirts of town for free & walk in.
    *Pay in cheque & see if W*lko's still have cat's fave meat on offer.
    *Tackle the mending pile. Need to check my button jar to see if I have a set of replacement buttons for a cardi, which has lost a button.
    *Knit more Christmas present socks.
    *Write Friday's job list - probably cleaning, gardening & a bit of admin.
    Wishing everyone a calm productive day.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2018 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Morning :D last day off of the week for me... As I'm struggling I'm going to keep my list small with a couple of things I want to get done...

Must do some flylady - if not today the house will be a mess for the rest of the week.... well I dusted off all the cobwebs in the kitchen, seeing as I had the ladder down to do the painting.... I think that counts :p

[STRIKE]dig out brush & paint damp patch on ceiling[/STRIKE]

purchased 3 x balls of wool off of fleabay to make socks for crimbo

go for a walk

make fritatta & overnight oats for next few days breakfast, put lunch & dinner together for tomorrow - will also be soup from the freezer!

[STRIKE]go and buy some navy thread[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]and finish patchwork quil[/STRIKE]t :D bringing me immense joy! I also have spent the afternoon tailoring a pair of corduroy size 16 trousers into a 70s size 10 bell bottoms. They are amazing!I love them :cool: just need to work out how to reduce the band and reattach, overlock press the seams and they are good to go :D might even finish them off and wear them to work tomorrow....

go to the allotment for an hour didn't go. See above!

[STRIKE][STRIKE]speak to sharee to see what time I should drop pup off. Would like to do it mid day so I can go for my walk etc[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]hang washing out[/STRIKE]

think of a courgette plan!

that'll do. Happy Thursday guys :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Not much from me but still reading and following.

Hope that you are beginning to feel better Ziggy.

Foxgloves thinking about you today, sending hugs

Sending hugs to everyone struggling or feeling under the weather at the minute.

Not much going on today. Have a pile of paperwork I might start after working Tuesday evening.
    Finally feel like I am getting some normality.
    Hoping to do a tip run today
    Cat cleaning to do in a minute
    Will be a NSD today. Did some shopping yesterday so have plenty of supplies in.
    Banking all checked
    Ebay checked, have 2 watchers on one item. Shocked how the crafting scene has changed. I'm not doing so much these days and had a clear out of supplies. Put some brand new rubber stamps on eBay, not getting any interest. A few years ago I sold some stamps individually and made quite a bit of money on them. How times have changed.
    Must start tidying up and clearing out the living room as I really want to have it decorated for Christmas. Need to keep saving for the new flooring but everything ready for the decorator to come in. Just need to keep packing up stuff. Doesn't help that DDs stuff is all dumped in the living room in prep for going back to uni.
    That's about it from me
    Have a great day everyone

*DNMS before DD was born I used to do a lot of sewing and went to patchwork classes which I really enjoyed but cross stitch, then papercrafting turned my head. I do love my scrapbooking. Once my living room is decorated and scrapbooks unpacked, must do some work on them. Have had a few pages published in the past and did use the sewing machine on one page for a competition entry. Turned out really well.....one of my favourite pages
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2018 at 6:02PM
    Options
    Morning all

Big hugs to all those who need them xxx

Bit of a change of plan last night as dragged stressed colleague away from her pc at 7.30 for a pint. Think she needed it!

Today I'm checking trains as I may go to Leeds tomorrow to do a hike with a friend on Sat. This all depends if I can actually get home on Sunday though so watch this space.

OH gigging tonight so just a pottering day for me:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Mow lawn - done
    • Pick courgettes and toms. Poss pick green ones to ripen indoors? - picked courgettes. Toms showing signs of ripening so moved plants to be in more sun
    • Pick and water basil - done
    • Pot the mincemeat - done
    • Rack courgette wine
    • Dig yarn out of stash for gloves - done
    • Sew up religious socks - done
    • Tidy round as house a tip - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet - done
    • Wash on and out - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • merida88
    Options
    Hullo all - can I jump in halfway through the week please?

Not actually a total newbie, had an account ages ago but lost the login details and closed down the email address it was linked to, so probably best to make a fresh start!

DFW activities today so far:
    biked to work
    will bike home for lunch - SO grateful I live close enough to work now for this, saves on a) buying lunch out and b) paying a dog walker (lunch will be yesterdays hm naan bread with some hummus & chicken)
    not planning on spending any money today... will need to get a card & pressie for friend's new baby in the next few days though - I have yarn and a pattern for some baby bits but baby in question has arrived before I got my act together :o
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 13 September 2018 at 3:07PM
    Options

Morning all,
    :wave: to everyone :grouphug: to those who need it

Welcome to lurkers and MERIDA88 :)

Today's list, a bit repetitive but it keeps me on track.
    :heart: Switch dss alarm clock off at the wall for the daytime done
    :heart: Go to gym after dropping the kids off to make the most of my membership. Will fill up water bottle and have a shower there. done
    :heart: Rm surveys done
    :heart: Triage fridge to make sure nothing goes to waste
    :heart: Make families lunches for tomorrow
    :heart: Check banking/update spreadsheet done
    :heart: Wash a load on the quick 30 degree wash and line dry done, dried and now put away - no ironing needed :D
    :heart: Hoover round everywhere
    :heart: Meal plan for the next few days
    :heart: Leftover meatballs for tea tonight
    :heart: All meals from stores
    :heart: Meal plan based on what we have in
    :heart: Share bathwater and continue use up of lotions and potions
    :heart: Check surveys,
    :heart: Continue going through my cupboards and reorganising/get rid of anything not needed to the charity shop/tip
    :heart: Print resturant vouchers for the weekend done and printed on reclaimed paper from rm surveys
    :heart: cleaned bathroom/shower rooms with stardrops and microfibre cloths
    :heart: Ordered a payout from £co and need to keep an eye on tcb as a long waited one has finally moved into confirmed :)

Take care all.

Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Welcome aboard merida!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • E11ie
    E11ie Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I've really enjoyed hearing about all your book reading and crafting and of course seeing CLF AMAZING creation. Maybe we should add a forum for book club / craft (knit / crochet / sew etc) online club? I have no idea quite how that would work but it's great seeing pictures of what everyone's up to and trying new books isn't it?

I've done an extra shift this week so today is my first day off and I picked up another on Saturday morning - hurry up Sunday is all I can think right now. Am working an extra shift next week too but after that will go back to normal until my batteries are re-charged.

Today I met a friend for coffee which was nice but was my turn to pay, totally worth it though of course.
    Haven't really done a lot else as am so sleepy from the last few days at work, I'm finding my depression is kicking in a bit more now the mornings and evenings are starting to draw in. I start work at 7.30 am so I try and do a few early finishes a week (2pm) rather than always finishing at 8pm as then I do get some light. Anyway less rambling and more money saving:
    • Meals all planned and lunch for tomorrow all ready too so that's good.
    • Planning on attempting the gym later even if I just walk on the treadmill then collapse in the sauna - at least it's something an uses the membership.
    • I've updated my spreadsheets and made a small debt payment
    • Am feeling inspired to get my part made crochet blanket out and crack on with it, maybe I actually will.

Hope you are all having a lovely sunny day wherever you are :j:j:j
    Total debts £6471.03 / £6261 all currently on 0% interest
    Make £2018 in 2018 = £1010
    Focus on 1% challenge = £64.50
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Wow. I am shattered this week.
    NSD as I've been too busy. Finished work early, did a couple of jobs in the house and now very much looking forward to an early night.
    I will catch up properly by the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure