Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,647 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done SarahC on your loss & your two stone :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone. The day's looking better this morning but forecast for later is not too good.

Have an appointment to get my BP checked this morning so have decided not to have my usual coffee mid morning!

Today's plan:

B - bacon & mushroom sandwich - HEB + 2.5
    L - chicken & veg crustless quiche; salad
    D - beef & bean curry and rice

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - 1 tsp butter 2; brown sauce 0.5
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great losses and a 2 stone shiny sarah. That's brilliant!:T

I'm going to have a SP day today just to help me get back on track. I'm not fussed about the extra HEB, just thought a low carb day would be a good idea.

Not sure about where I'll be for lunch. I'll post a possible but if I get hungry while I'm out I'll get a salad from Pret or Subway instead.

Today's SP plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: veggie omelette with beetroot
    D: cottage pie with swede & carrot top, cauli, broccoli, cabbage
    Syns: NONE!
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    1lbs off yesterday. 1.5lbs away from target. Decided not to stay, not feeling well at all.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    1lbs off yesterday. 1.5lbs away from target. Decided not to stay, not feeling well at all.

Ah well done Stoke not far to go now! Wrap up warm and look after yourself.

Well done SarahC74 as well - it's always nice to get a shiny isn't it (our consultant is thinking of having some new stone bracket shinies made up!)

Body screaming for carbs again but trying to resist. Got a cottage pie defrosting for later so will have that with veg so relatively healthy!

I've also gone & done something a little silly......I've only gone & registered for the local half marathon next October (well have to give my body time to get over the shock of even entering but that will be my 2019 challenge lol.

With regards to targets does anyone know if you can move them upwards even if you have less than 7lbs to go ? As you know I've struggled to lose the weight and tbh I'm happy with the size that I am (not that another 7lbs is going to make a lot of difference) so the way I look at it, I've got 3 options:

1. Keep on going to class and paying £5 to effectively stand still
    2. Stop going but then I know I'm likely to put it back on again
    3. Move my target so I effectively become a target member and still go to class.

Obviously 3 is my preferred option but I have a feeling that 1 & 2 are going to the only options open to me.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,599 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    GTS - are you currently at target? I didn't think you were. If you're not you can just tell your consultant that you're happy where you are and would like to call target. Just because you gave a lower number shouldn't make a difference. Sometimes we guess at the weight we want to be.

You don't even have to do it at group you could just text her and you've decided to call target now and not try to get to the original figure you set.

I certainly raised mine by less than 7lb but that was on doctor's orders!

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 October 2018 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough Stoke . Target getting closer though! :D

AFAIK you can call target any time you want gts . You don't even have to set a target if you don't want to
    Someone on social team should be around soon to confirm. :)

ETA: Cross posted with denise :D

Are you cutting carbs to try to lose the last few pounds gts ?
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    GTS - are you currently at target? I didn't think you were. If you're not you can just tell your consultant that you're happy where you are and would like to call target. Just because you gave a lower number shouldn't make a difference. Sometimes we guess at the weight we want to be.

You don't even have to do it at group you could just text her and you've decided to call target now and not try to get to the original figure you set.

I certainly raised mine by less than 7lb but that was on doctor's orders!

Denise
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling rough Stoke . Target getting closer though! :D

AFAIK you can call target any time you want gts . You don't even have to set a target if you don't want to
    Someone on social team should be around soon to confirm. :)

ETA: Cross posted with denise :D

Are you cutting carbs to try to lose the last few pounds gts ?

No I'm not at target yet - about 6.5lbs off but my body seems to be happy here hence why I was thinking of just saying enough's enough.

Not consciously cutting out carbs maman though I try to limit the amount of bread I eat if only because, as I said, I could sit in Tesco bread aisle and eat them out of bread, especially the uncut stuff.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,647 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No I'm not at target yet - about 6.5lbs off but my body seems to be happy here hence why I was thinking of just saying enough's enough.

Not consciously cutting out carbs maman though I try to limit the amount of bread I eat if only because, as I said, I could sit in Tesco bread aisle and eat them out of bread, especially the uncut stuff.

Yes you can increase the target at any point before you gewt to it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done to the losers:T and those that have new shinies :T:T
    Stoke, hope you soon feel better :kisses3: :D My sister wasnt well yesterday, she just said she felt dreadful but couldnt say what was wrong with her, she didnt go work which is very unlike her, she did go today and said although she wasnt right, she felt better as the day went on
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure