Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not a lover either :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not a lover either :(

I just read this.... and laughed.

I am sure you have had your moments!!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The damage limitation is going well! Only had the 6 syns which I'd planned. I'm now left with 24 syns for 2 days so easily doable. I really hope I've lost another lb this week to take me inside target range and will mean not having to pay again! Don't mind paying for a couple of weeks after 5 weeks holiday in 6 weeks! Would love to get down to bottom end of range by Christmas but seems a long time since I've been there!

Today's plan:

B - boiled eggs & soldiers
    L - ham salad - ham, lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, grated carrot, tomatoes
    D - LO chicken, boiled potatoes, cabbage, broccoli & peas
    HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - none planned but possibly a Hifi bar or two

Weather is looking a bit better this morning than yesterday so think I'm going to get a machine load of washing on shortly.

Have a good day everyone.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Yuk!

Denise

I wouldn't go as far as saying I love it but I find overnight oats makes a change from Weetabix and it is filling. I enjoy eggs for breakfast but also find them useful at lunchtimes and don't want to have too many.;)

Didn't post yesterday as had a synful lunch out with friends. Choices were reasonable (soup and fish) but I had a pudding (crème caramel) which is unusual for me and wine syns.

Today looks to be much the same except different restaurant and different friends.:o

Properly back on plan tomorrow.:D
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Weigh in later. I feel really unwell today though. Not sure whether I'll be able to go to be honest. :( I'm at work, but feel dreadful. Not sure what's happened tbh lol.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Weigh in later. I feel really unwell today though. Not sure whether I'll be able to go to be honest. :( I'm at work, but feel dreadful. Not sure what's happened tbh lol.

I'm blaming the change in the weather ....my body is screaming out for carbs and I have to admit I've given in ...porridge this morning for breakfast & pasta for dinner. Having said that I finally feel as if I'm full.

Thanks ChrisV for the chart & well done to our SOTWs, Sirens & Vixstar.

I'm slowly rediscovering knitting & cross stitch - I found it was all to easy to pick whilst I was surfing ....at least this way I've got to make a conscious decision to pick rather than mindlessly pick as I normally do...whether it will make a difference is anyone's guess though
  • joedenise
    Options
    I've finally started sewing again! I've made a quick dress for my holiday to Goa in January. Just a broderie anglais tube with shirring around the top and around the waist. Only took a few hours to do - the longest time was sorting out the tension on the sewing machine as I haven't done shirring since the kids were little - they're both in their 40s now!

Will be doing some more as I want to make at least another one or two dresses for my holiday in January. I've also got some material to make some shorts if I can find a pattern! All needs to be done by end of the year as we go on 2 January!

My DD2 has asked me to make her some covers for her aquaroll and waste master for her caravan, for Christmas so a time limit on those! The waste master shouldn't be a problem as I have a cover for mine so can make a pattern from that. The aquaroll I'm just going to make a large tube with a circular base and a drawstring top. That lot should keep me busy for a while.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 October 2018 at 5:10PM
    Options
    You can tell the weather's on the turn what with indoor pursuits like sewing but also sadly some poorlies!

You could be just reacting to last week's stress Stoke or it could be that your resistance is lowered and you've managed to pick up some bug. Hope you feel better soon.:)

My lunch was delicious. There would have been syns but worth every one. Almost all the food was SW friendly but there was oil. I had scallops followed by sea bass with a tasty spaghetti cooked with prawns and capers. The scallops did have some black pudding crumb but otherwise OK. Then there was the wine...

I'm going dancing tonight so some Body Magic then tomorrow I'm back on it 100%!!
  • joedenise
    Options
    Your lunch sounds just what I would have ordered. I often have fish when we eat out as don't eat if very often at home but think we ought to eat more! Biggest problem is DH isn't keen on salmon which is my favourite fish!

Denise
  • SarahC74
    Options
    Well done Sirens and Vixstar on SOTW :T:T:T
    Thank you Chris for the chart. I have a 2.5lb loss to report today so I’ve reached my 2 stone:j:j:j ‘Just’ two more to go ;)
    Yum maman! Sounds like you’ve been have a fabulous time.
    So sorry you’re feeling yuk Stoke, there is so much going around, but I agree it may also have been triggered by last weeks stresses. Sending virtual hugs.
    Good luck all for this week :D
    “WHAT WE FEAR DOING MOST IS USUALLY WHAT WE MOST NEED TO DO.” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure