🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 September 2018 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Big hugs Gettingther....
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,988 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Yes muller, tinned spaghetti and instant mash all syns, well i am a rebel had spaghetti for tea and will be having a muller later:p hasnt harmed me so i will carry on as i were:rotfl::rotfl:
    Eric, i like group i couldnt do on my own:o
    Well done biggles:T
    Gettingtherequickly so sorry to hear your sad news :(
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I don’t use any of these so not a problem for me.

Only use fat free Greek style yoghurt and quark.

Denise
  • bubbs
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    I don’t use any of these so not a problem for me.

Only use fat free Greek style yoghurt and quark.

Denise

I use them all , but no problem for me either:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Who has stretched the page?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations, Vixstar, on being SOTW. Thanks chrisv, for keeping us right.

I forgot to WI this morning; maybe a Freudian slip! I’ll try to remember tomorrow, but I am going out very early.

maman, I’m watching your match tonight; you’re nearly as bonkers as us! Were you there?

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, gtq.

I do occasionally eat MLs and tinned spaghetti (not together, honest!), so that’s a bit of a bummer if they’re synned now, Midge. Do you know the values?

Ha ha, Oldbiggles, that’s brilliant!

Thanks for the recipes, pixie.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • bubbs
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Congratulations, Vixstar, on being SOTW. Thanks chrisv, for keeping us right.

I forgot to WI this morning; maybe a Freudian slip! I’ll try to remember tomorrow, but I am going out very early.

maman, I’m watching your match tonight; you’re nearly as bonkers as us! Were you there?

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, gtq.

I do occasionally eat MLs and tinned spaghetti (not together, honest!), so that’s a bit of a bummer if they’re synned now, Midge. Do you know the values?

Ha ha, Oldbiggles, that’s brilliant!

Thanks for the recipes, pixie.

Its not just muller's its any flavoured yogs, but mullers are 1 syn
    Spaghetti is 1 syn PER 100g, but if it didnt affect you before, not suddenly going to now:D thats how i look at it:rotfl::rotfl:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm new to yogurt and only eat plain Greek (Aldi version of Total 0%) but it is interesting. Previously, syns only changed when they changed recipes. I think it's probably to make people think before eating too many.

Thanks for the recipe pixielottie . No wonder there was so much with 2 tins of tomatoes! :eek:

We didnt go to the game tonight as we were out for DGD's birthday meal. I did listen to it on the radio. It's pretty typical of us to throw a game away. :( Meal was as good as I could make it. Tomorrow I'm determined to have a day on plan. :)
    Stoke wrote: »
    Superb effort. It does rub off on the people around you. My parents (well, my mum) makes slimming world deserts quite a lot. We constantly think about our diets now etc. :) It's a good thing.
    I know I'm being pedantic and you're just using a turn of phrase but try not to think of SW as a 'diet'. It's good to be mindful of what you eat but when you get used to SW it should just be a normal, healthy way of eating. :)
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Wow, some amazing losses this week, well done everyone.

Best foot forward for me this week, made some veg soup yesterday, so that is lunch for today.

For the first time ever, I used my air fryer yesterday, now understand why everyone likes it, but my only complaint about it is that it is huge, will only be able to store on tops of cupboards, which means a faffe to use :(

Had a bit of bad news yesterday, an outlaw (her sister was married to my uncle) was sadly killed instantly when hit by a car on Saturday. We had concerns for her for some time now and were uncomfortable about her driving, but there was nothing we could do about it. Not sure what happened, but there are new road layouts & new motorway route where she lives & we think she may have got confused and got out of the car to work out where she was, may never know, but just hope that the driver of the car is ok & gets through it.

Have a good week everyone.

That is so sad.

This is one of there by the grace of god. My mum had a diagnosis of dementia, and did not know who I was - in fact she thought I was her.... and did not know who she was.... well somehow they kept passing her as fit to drive.

When she drove to another town (by accident) and ended up in a coach park asking for petrol as she only had 3/4 a tank........ they rang me (label attached to inside of her bag - very handy tip for someone with memory problems), I went and by the time I got there they had rung the police (as she had 10 grand in her bag). The police was polite and asked for a quiet word... 'does your mum have any memory problems'..... no sh*t sherlock.... 'is she okay to drive'.... no, but she keeps passing the test.... 'okay if she passes the test' :eek::eek::eek: I was not happy and told mum that the police officers had taken her licence off her and I sent it back to DVLA, and removed her car that day (to stop her driving it).

God knows how she managed to keep passing the test, and I am so pleased she is no longer driving.

She is now wandering .... and I am now panicking if someone hits her (not for her wellbeing but the poor soul who hit her, it would be life changing).

Any how rant over.

Note to self - get on the scales!
  • 1974Stephen
    Options
    Hi everyone. I want to look lean for halloween. Does anyone know if eating Super rice and a handful of Iceland seafood selection (prawns, mussels and calamari) will make me lose weight?

That would be dinner. In the morning I would eat bran flakes and for lunch sardines on toast.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Hi everyone. I want to look lean for halloween. Does anyone know if eating Super rice and a handful of Iceland seafood selection (prawns, mussels and calamari) will make me lose weight?

That would be dinner. In the morning I would eat bran flakes and for lunch sardines on toast.

Where is your fruit and veg?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family