Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please

Options

Comments

• myalphabetgirls
    Options
    Jason - any news? Ours is being valued today.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Another offer issued this morning with them for us.
    I think because we are primarily an adverse broker, we do know how to get cases through with them far quicker than the average broker... I do not mean that to sound like I am blowing our own horn, there are things like Shared ownership or self build I would not have a clue with.

All of our cases seem to be going through without problems now, we had a few hiccups 2 months ago as they were swapping and changing underwriters but things do seem to have settled down for us at least.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jason - any news? Ours is being valued today.

Pepper are totally doing my head in to be honest. I think my last update I mentioned they'd contacted my employer to ensure I was getting paid when I said I was getting paid. Now I've no problem with that and my employer responded the same day which was Thursday.

Now I've spoke to my broker this morning but they still haven't reviewed that piece of information returned from my employer. Their process seems so inefficient almost to the point they want to make things more stressful.

I think its so frustrating because there is nothing I can do but wait.

Anyway sorry for the rant MyAlphabetGirls. Good luck with the valuation. Hopefully Pepper will be a little quicker in getting to your final check process
  • Our damp and Timber Survey is booked in for the 1st of November. Everything rests on the results. The rest of the conveyancing is ticking along in the background so hopefully the mortgage offer taking longer than expected won't hold the whole actual transaction up.
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well yesterday Pepper finally returned with my mortgage offer. The last few days were so worrying but was so relieved to get the email telling me the good news.

Hopefully the rest of you guys will receive some good news as well
  • JasonHand wrote: »
    Well yesterday Pepper finally returned with my mortgage offer. The last few days were so worrying but was so relieved to get the email telling me the good news.

Hopefully the rest of you guys will receive some good news as well
    :beer: :j congrats Jason that's fantastic news!!
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    So pleased Jason... I can only imagine the relief.

Our broker chased up valuation on Friday but they are working ina 3-4. Working day turnaround (quelled surprise!) so probably Tuesday.

Not helped by fact that as a coincidence our landlord wants to sell and wants to arrange agents etc.

So much now hinges on this bloomin offer. Need a new word for stress.
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

• JasonHand
    Options
    So pleased Jason... I can only imagine the relief.

Our broker chased up valuation on Friday but they are working ina 3-4. Working day turnaround (quelled surprise!) so probably Tuesday.

Not helped by fact that as a coincidence our landlord wants to sell and wants to arrange agents etc.

So much now hinges on this bloomin offer. Need a new word for stress.

Thanks myalphabetgirls. I've got my fingers crossed for you. It does sound like you are on the home straight though now.
  • Damp and Timber Survey done today - nowhere near as bad as I thought it might be. Remedial works mainly unblocking air bricks and a bit of replacing plaster. Estimated total £2k so hopefully won't be prohibitive when it comes to the mortgage offer...
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    Fingers crossed then for the damp & timber survey.

Hubby had a phone call from pepper today saying they were happy with valuation and the underwriters were happy with all paperwork and an offer was being issued!!!! Should receive by end of week.

Can’t believe it!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure