Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please

Options

Comments

• ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,730 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    myalphabetgirls - I am sure you will be fine. If they were going to decline it, they would have done.

Jason - you should be also, assuming the property values up. I think you will hear something by maybe Wednesday. It is difficult as their timeframes tend to be a little up and down.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • JasonHand
    JasonHand Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick update. I've received a call from Pepper today to inform me they are nearing the end of the application process and now just need to do some final checks. Now I should have probably asked them at the time what those final checks. But what do these final checks entail? I'm presuming they are just making sure I've not taken out any further credit or missed any payments etc since the application process started.

They tell me it could take another 7 working days which is a tad frustrating.
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    I’ve been asked this morning by our broker that they now want confirmation of the dates my husband was off work sick last year (6 weeks spinal surgery) how that’s relevant going forward I really don’t kniw. Broker said it was formality and nothing to worry about.

I’m also being chased by agents today wanting to know about valuation.

Feeling really frustrated with it all ��
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • ACG
    Options
    I would be on the phone to my account manager about that.
    I am all for providing information if needed but as you say, I am not sure how that is relevant.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • ACG wrote: »
    I would be reading that as the underwriter forget to request something that could have been requested earlier in the process.

They should be taking an initial look at the case and saying with need x y and z but instead they seem to be asking for x and then later in the process asking for the other bits.

Thankfully, we use Pepper fairly regularly so we are in a position where we beginning to know what they will ask for even if they unerwriter misses it - so we are starting to reduce the delays they are causing.

ACG - We put in our application a couple of weeks ago and sent off the last of the docs they asked for on Friday last week. We've had a call from surveyors today asking to book the valuation survey in on behalf of Pepper, is this a good sign mortgage wise?
  • ACG
    Options
    It sounds quite promising. They usually only instruct the valuation if they are confident they will offer the Mortgage.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • myalphabetgirls
    Options
    Happy update. A valuation has been instructed. ��
    Love, through the trees, past the sky, beyond the northern lights; and I won't let go. May your soul and spirt fly sweetheart x

My alphabet-girls are with me every step of the way x
  • JasonHand
    Options
    Happy update. A valuation has been instructed. ��

Great news there. Ours was valued OK but now its sat on a pile waiting for the offer to be authorised. The wait is doing my nut in
  • ACG
    Options
    Good to see everyone is moving forward. You will all be fine by the sounds of it.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • Our valuation was carried out on Friday last week. Would really really like to hear something before the end of this week. Fingers crossed for everyone sounds like we're all at similar stages. And thanks to ACG for your insights
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback