Eagerlearners journey to Terminate the mortgage

Options

Comments

• bubblycrazy
    Options
    Fingers crossed it's good news about the fine, that's a lot of money for 13 minutes!
    MFW - Original balance 28/08/2014 £52850
    Original MF date: 2049:eek: Aiming for: 2025 Current MFD: 2030
    Balance 27/07/2016 £49990
    Balance 08/07/2017 £47999
    Balance 30/07/2018 £44500
    Balance 01/08/2019 £40700
    Balance 03/09/2020 £37619
    Balance 30/09/2021 £33983
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Morning all, agh just lost an entire post...

Hoping Aldi will come through for me Bubbly, it's crazy how parking eye operate and prey on people.

Ynab done yesterday and just about shuffled and recovered from this weekends craziness... Hoping to raise some invoices this week and also expecting lodger payment. I'll use these towards some long term items like freezer, cat flap and bulk buy gluten free oats which saves money long term. The rest would go to the offset account.

We need some expensive car repairs soon too, painful but it's needed and it's a good car.

Long day ahead, and miniEL is already driving me bonkers ha, another cuppa needed me thinks :rotfl:
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • jodles16
    jodles16 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hey EL,

Fingers crossed about the fine, ridiculous really and very expensive! Glad your cat is ok, nothing worse then beloved pets getting hurt!

Also very impressed that miniEL is already on the money saving bandwagon, good eyes!!

Jodles :D
    MFW2020 #115 250/3000 J-250
    1% challenge- /1525
    Save 1k in 2020- /3000

Joining in UberFrugalMonthChallenge set up by the Frugalwoods!
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    Hey Jodles thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

Our cat is doing much better thank you, so pleased.... Very stressful for him and us too..

In good money news, managed to get Aldi to cancel the fine with Parking Eye phew.

Only spent £1 today on milk, I've got £17 to last to the end of the month :eek: Let's see how that goes, weekends seem to be the hardest...

Potential new client tomorrow so fingers crossed :T Got a lovely bottle of champagne from a client, a Tattinger, looks amazing so there's new year's sorted if I can wait that long :cool:
    MFW #185
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the fine :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We love reading and I read lots of finance books, Millionaire Next Door and Richest Man in Babylon are 2 of my faves, also love Rich Dad Poor Dad which although US based, seeing the cashflow quadrant diagram literally opened my eyes as to seeing clearly even though I thought I was MSE.

I read a lot on MrMoneyMustache and Rich Dad Poor Dad is usually slated. I think he's a bit of a snake oil salesman really....... BUT......like you, that Cashflow Quadrant......... doh :o:wall::o. It's what I was aiming for with btl's and a pension but seeing it in that visual way was a real eyeopener.
    £4303 in
    £2772 Out (£675 was work related)

£1317 Needs
    £667 on 'Wants' inc holiday so this is not a typical month Wants spend. £252.23 of this on groceries. We managed to spend less on groceries than expected considering £37 was bulk buying items.
    £194 was on plastering, would have been much more but we paid for the rest with room rental income :T £70.27 on extra home improvements.
    Have never used YNAB but I know how much people say it has changed their finances so well done for getting it free :). I would struggle to account for money the way you do though, including work income and expenditure in your personal account. Would it not be easier to keep it totally separate and transfer over a set (or varying) amount every week/month? The same with the plastering - great that the rental income helped, but shouldn't you still show total cash in and out? Sorry, that's my ex-auditor rearing her head :o.

If you have white beans I recommend googling Asturias Bean Stew - loads of recipes but basically great for using up bits and pieces :D.

Well done on pursuing the parking ticket :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi El, a few posts back you asked about heated airers so I thght id better mention how amazing mine is :happyhear it's a Lakeland large three tier (there are five of us ) and it does between two and three loads at a time, including jeans etc. Double duvet covers get thrown over the top to trap heat and it's safe to leave on over night or while at work. We replaced our dryer with an extra fridge and have not missed it at all.

Also, if you are a fan of silence of the lambs , have you watched the tv series Hannibal? Its probably one of my favourite ever shows and I really didn't think Hopkins could be topped! Not actually sure it's on Netflix currently though as I've just very cruelly cancelled ours :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news about the fine
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I read a lot on MrMoneyMustache and Rich Dad Poor Dad is usually slated. I think he's a bit of a snake oil salesman really....... BUT......like you, that Cashflow Quadrant......... doh :o:wall::o. It's what I was aiming for with btl's and a pension but seeing it in that visual way was a real eyeopener.

Have never used YNAB but I know how much people say it has changed their finances so well done for getting it free :). I would struggle to account for money the way you do though, including work income and expenditure in your personal account. Would it not be easier to keep it totally separate and transfer over a set (or varying) amount every week/month? The same with the plastering - great that the rental income helped, but shouldn't you still show total cash in and out? Sorry, that's my ex-auditor rearing her head :o.

If you have white beans I recommend googling Asturias Bean Stew - loads of recipes but basically great for using up bits and pieces :D.

Well done on pursuing the parking ticket :T.

Thanks gallygirl :) Yes you touch on something I have thought of recently which is 'closing' my business account on YNAB and only keeping the joint acc on there, and then merely transferring income from the business account to my main acc. This would be less confusing as my business is growing, and I find that Quickbooks should be enough. And yes, YNAB type budgeting is not for everyone but it works with my pleasure delay mindset :rotfl: ie pretending we're poor for some reason seems to work better than knowing what we have. We do not look at the bank balance as such anymore and that saves us a lot :p The Cashflow Quadrant is indeed my fave thing of the book, as you say he personally seems a bit too greasy, but, the learnings from his childhood and the way the story is told did fascinate me.

In terms of plastering, total cost in etc, YNAB does account for this as the 'income' came in (and is reflected in income) sat in the plastering category, and then the payment went out and is showing in the outgoings - is that what you mean?

Thanks re beans, I seem to get through chickpeas and lentils like nobody's business but the red beans and black eyed beans will be used somehow. Usual method is veggie chilli, or hearty Autumn soups ;)
    MFW #185
  • EagerLearner
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Hi El, a few posts back you asked about heated airers so I thght id better mention how amazing mine is :happyhear it's a Lakeland large three tier (there are five of us ) and it does between two and three loads at a time, including jeans etc. Double duvet covers get thrown over the top to trap heat and it's safe to leave on over night or while at work. We replaced our dryer with an extra fridge and have not missed it at all.

Also, if you are a fan of silence of the lambs , have you watched the tv series Hannibal? Its probably one of my favourite ever shows and I really didn't think Hopkins could be topped! Not actually sure it's on Netflix currently though as I've just very cruelly cancelled ours :D

Thanks newgirly, it's been going around and around in my head whether to get one. I see lots of people like the Lakeland one so was looking at it over weekend :cool: I really really want an extra freezer, must be the inner Prepper in me :rotfl: (I have watched that programme actually :eek: maybe I am secret prepper!)

Oooo yes I did watch Hannibal but couldn't get into it as much, not sure why. I found Mindhunter brilliant and really really wanted to love the Hannibal series but ended up just liking it... I think the amount of gore, surprisingly, seeing as I like Silence :p

I have considered canceling Netflix but this time of year def not, we love curling up and have several things lined up. I am nto all caught up on The Bodyguard and not even sure when next episode is. It's a bit like Homeland but for the UK, and a bit less believable :rotfl: but I like how cool and dark it is.
    MFW #185
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business