Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Helen85
    Helen85 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    This thread as many others have said is managing to keep me sane (just about)
    We put in our application beginning of February and have only just got to the valuation stage! We have paid for the valuation online as it requested, does anyone know how long it takes before someone contacts you with a date and time for the valuation to be done?
    Thanks 
  • Banks1989
    Options
    Helen85 said:
    Hi everyone,
    This thread as many others have said is managing to keep me sane (just about)
    We put in our application beginning of February and have only just got to the valuation stage! We have paid for the valuation online as it requested, does anyone know how long it takes before someone contacts you with a date and time for the valuation to be done?
    Thanks 
    Hi Helen,

Thought I would reply as we are the sellers and our buyer is using Bluestone for her mortgage. This has been our timeline so far: 

19/01/21 - Offer accepted

February 2021 - Solicitors instructed on both parties, queries exchanged etc. 

From the offer being accepted we have heard absolutely nothing from Bluestone, who constantly state that there are delays due to Covid. 

Finally last Tuesday, 20th April, the valuer came round and I am told that the buyer has today received her Mortgage Offer. 

Absolutely disappointing and we are very close to putting the house back on the market. Private sale but my buyer is using a mortgage adviser. 

Anyone know how long it takes to complete after a Mortgage Offer has been issued??
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    @Banks1989 it took me 2 weeks after receiving the mortgage extension to exchange / complete in Scotland during the first lockdown.
    Has your buyer started the conveyancing side yet?
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback