Bluestone Mortgages Valuation

Options

Comments

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    ojh2112 said:
    Even if it’s a remortgage is the valuation process still the same? So is it dip then underwriters then valuation then underwriters then offer again? 
    Yes, same process.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • ojh2112
    Options
    Can mortgage Still be declined after Valuation ? 
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    Yes it can
  • sammys0210
    Options
    Hey.

This is my 1st post - apologies as im sure this will have been asked before as there seems to be loads of Bluestone threads.

Our valuation has happened today on help to buy mortgage and solicitors have been in touch advising builder is hoping to complete in 5 weeks time. Does anyone know roughly how long it can take after valuation?

I have asked my mortgage adviser but she is incredibly busy and has been very poor to be honest. She got back to me saying she doesnt know and cant get through on the phone which is why ive come here!

Thank you
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    Hey.

This is my 1st post - apologies as im sure this will have been asked before as there seems to be loads of Bluestone threads.

Our valuation has happened today on help to buy mortgage and solicitors have been in touch advising builder is hoping to complete in 5 weeks time. Does anyone know roughly how long it can take after valuation?

I have asked my mortgage adviser but she is incredibly busy and has been very poor to be honest. She got back to me saying she doesnt know and cant get through on the phone which is why ive come here!

Thank you
    I think you should expect 10 working days from valuation. That is just an estimate. 

5 weeks could be possible but if you are new build on h2b there is around another 10 days for Authority to exchange and then 5 days wait for money to be transferred.  Makes it all tight!
  • sammys0210
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Our solicitor did ask if we want them to see if theres any way the builder can push our completion back - I think i should definitely request it from what you've said!! Forgot about all the help to buy stuff ontop of the mortgage side.
  • mortgagetakingages
    Options
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Our solicitor did ask if we want them to see if theres any way the builder can push our completion back - I think i should definitely request it from what you've said!! Forgot about all the help to buy stuff ontop of the mortgage side.
    Yeah there is a lot to think about. I think I'm going to get offer tomorrow and aiming for end October if that helps give idea on time. 

6 weeks from offer or there abouts i think. 
  • sarahjanelodge
    Options
    Jumping on an old thread i know but we heard today that our valuation came back as expected . They did it yesterday. Its now in for final reveiw. How long did it take u to get the offer past this point. Took bliestone 8 weeks to get to valuation stage 🙊
  • citylife
    citylife Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ours took 12 weeks to get to the valuation stage.  Should have been done on 22nd Dec (9 weeks) a wrong address was put down.  Report was ready with 24 hours and sent to Bluestone.  Think we at the final review was told we will hear this week or 27th January.  We 
    can’t relax we just want a yes or no whether we can get a mortgage :( 
  • citylife
    citylife Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    citylife said:
    Ours took 12 weeks to get to the valuation stage.  Should have been done on 22nd Dec (9 weeks) a wrong address was put down.  Report was ready with 24 hours and sent to Bluestone.  Think we at the final review was told we will hear this week or 27th January.  We 
    can’t relax we just want a yes or no whether we can get a mortgage :( 
    27th January, BrightStar got back to our MA Bluestone wants asked for whole month statements to be submitted while our application is at final underwriting stage.  We will be update 4-5 working days.
    Should have an update 4th -5th February 2021.

Heard nothing on 4th February 
    Today still waiting.... for update, nothing so far 
    our MA haven’t got back to us with an update 

on Monday 8th February we will be visiting our ‘new house’ for a tour with the Site Manager how can we be excited when we don’t know if we have a mortgage offer 😞 ... the waiting is torture ... next week will be week 4  wait after the valuation 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback