Con artists - "Approved Garages"

Options

Comments

• hucker
    hucker Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    reason2 wrote: »
    Ladies and Gentlemen, i introduce you to the typical Leave Voter.
    Obnoxious, arrogant, uneducated, no grasp on reality, selfish, insecure, short tempered, self centered.

Please don't feed the troll..this one appears fat enough as it is...

So you're quite happy for other countries to dictate our laws? Oh dear.
  • hucker
    Options
    reason2 wrote: »
    you failed prematurely.. i'm fairly sure its not the only area where you have premature issues either!

I will not stoop to your level of childish insults.
  • hucker
    Options
    joeblags wrote: »
    to be fair ive seen garages that wont fit your own part costing say £30, from as local motorfactors... then go and buy the same part from the same motor factors just to add a big mark up on it. if you are paying full price labour rates that would also make me !!!!ed of.

lad next door said he failed an MOT due to a light on because of the water temp sensor... calls somebody ( mech ) who said ye ill pick one up from ECP but its going to cost you £70 fitted. i found out and went and found the part for him on ECP costing £9. so the lad who was going to fit it was telling him itll be £40 for the part LOL, and the fitting was a single plug and a plastic prong holding it in place. less than 3 minutes work.

Owning a garage is a license to print money.
  • hucker
    Options
    Where do the parts come from?

Well let me see, I can buy a part for £15 and the garage claims it's £60. So either they're ripping me off, or their supplier is ripping them off.
  • hucker
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    You really are a nasty piece of work, aren't you? Reported again.

Nobody likes a grasser, go back to primary school if that's your attitude. Please miss, he's calling me names and I'm really upset! Grow a pair.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hucker wrote: »
    Nobody likes a grasser, go back to primary school if that's your attitude. Please miss, he's calling me names and I'm really upset! Grow a pair.

Oh give it a rest. Your statements in those posts were completely out of order and that had nothing to do with "calling me names".

This is an open forum and throwing mental problems around as insults, then disparaging people with them has no place here. As the site admin clearly agreed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    "Nobody likes a grasser"
    "I will not stoop to your level of childish insults."

Constantly referring to police as "pigs" and insulting people with problems, I think you are the one that needs to go back to primary school.
    Enjoy the school holidays ;-)
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hucker wrote: »
    The only person who should ever decide a risk for themselves is themselves. Anything else is purely illogical.

What about the person you kill through your illegal action of not wearing a seatbelt in the back? Do they not have the right to remain alive and uninjured?

You seem to think that when it comes to you, that as long as you're not caught, then there is nothing wrong in the act. So are you saying that taking drugs, sexual abuse and other crimes are fine and dandy while the perpetrators remain uncaught that it is no one else's business what happens behind closed doors? That is the logic you re using.
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    joeblags wrote: »
    to be fair ive seen garages that wont fit your own part costing say £30, from as local motorfactors... then go and buy the same part from the same motor factors just to add a big mark up on it. if you are paying full price labour rates that would also make me !!!!ed of.

lad next door said he failed an MOT due to a light on because of the water temp sensor... calls somebody ( mech ) who said ye ill pick one up from ECP but its going to cost you £70 fitted. i found out and went and found the part for him on ECP costing £9. so the lad who was going to fit it was telling him itll be £40 for the part LOL, and the fitting was a single plug and a plastic prong holding it in place. less than 3 minutes work.

Then fit the part yourself then. Simples. There is more to invoicing than just charging for someone's time. The employer also has to pay the employees' employer's National Insurance and also pension contributions for his employees - yes, that is now a legal requirement - and no, Hucker, it is nothing to do with the EU - this is a law made by our own parliament. There is also heating, lighting and energy bills to pay for.

Anyone who runs their own business has to work out what their 'Cost of doing Business' is. That is before they actually make a profit, and before they decide on remuneration based on the skill of the employee.

If you are unable to do a task because you don't have the skills then you have to pay someone else to do it. I am rubbish at DIY and have no skills in replastering. My house is art-deco and has very simle in style but difficult to do coving. Now I could attempt it myself, but I would make a hash of it. I could get a cheap person in but I would end up unhappy with the results as white coving and ceilings reveal faults easily, so I have to pay someone who has the skills. That will always cost you more money than someone doing it in the evening for beer money.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Anyone who runs their own business has to work out what their 'Cost of doing Business' is. That is before they actually make a profit, and before they decide on remuneration based on the skill of the employee.

And that's usually a lot higher than others realise.

I aim to average £75 an hour for chargeable time at the bench, I take home under £10 / hour for hours actually worked (including all the non-chargeable admin time etc) once all the overheads are accounted for.

And my overheads are LOT lower than even a small garage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure