IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal 'Letter Of Claim'

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stud26 wrote: »
    So we've received our questions from the court? Any advice on what to fill in, do we go via mediation etc?

Mediation is not the way to go.

Mediators are not judges and they will not be on your side.

These legal clowns normally try this route as they are
    unsure they will win in court.

BWLegal tend to bring rubbish claims, the courts know
    all about them and normally whoop them and then you
    can claim your costs

HAVE YOU READ THIS YET ?

BWLegal - the list of failures growing

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5672664&highlight=bwlegal+the+list
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    stud26 wrote: »
    That's right, the DQ. BW Legal have opted for meditation.

Did you read the NEWBIES thread about DQ stage or have you missed it?

I am sure you just overlooked it, but it's a little unfair on us to expect replies at such a simple stage that's fully explained by bargepole in the sticky, with a 'no' to mediation and he explains why.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bargepole tells you exactly how to answer every question on the Directions Questionnaire, and as you might have guessed, that guidance in in post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.

Having completed the DQ, send it to the same email address that you sent your Defence.

Don't forget to send a copy to the Claimant.
  • stud26
    stud26 Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, I'd missed that. For witnesses, can I bring my husband too. He wasn't there but could he talk on my behalf?
    Building my kids' savings from day one. Education is key to financial control.
    Save money using my referral codes > https://www.oyal.co.uk/p/7c78e51b5e/
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes he can speak for you as your lay rep as long as you attend (he is NOT a witness).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • stud26
    Options
    For the dates I can't do, does this have to include weekends and bank holidays?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Are you being serious?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For the dates I can't do, does this have to include weekends and bank holidays?

Courts are not open at those times, so just stick to Mon-Fri when you are not available. Even then, they may schedule you for a day as their diary is more important than yours. They do though try.
  • stud26
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Are you being serious?
    Yes, why would I know when courts are open!
    I'd rather get it right first time, isn't that what this forum is for?
  • stud26
    Options
    So it appears we may have made a mistake. In our defence we wrote about breastfeeding being the issue.

However, BW Legal have written back to say that this was never stated in our initial appeal.

Instead we wrote that the reason for being over due was getting our baby in and out of the car, changing her nappy and having difficulty with the new pay and display machines.

The confusion for this has occurred because the incident took place over a year ago and we forgot what happened exactly. I had no record of what was sent in the appeal because it was via the form on NCP's website. I have also breastfed in the car in a car park before and simply got confused about the incident. So I have baby-brain, what new mother doesn't?!

As the information on our Directions Questionnaire now appears to be mistakenly incorrect, how does that affect our chances of winning?

BW Legal have pulled us up on these apparent lies saying we're using a scatter-gun approach. They've offered us the chance to settle at a lower fee within 14 days.

Do we take this offer now?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport