Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,357 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wizk1 wrote: »
    Wonder if rkelly has received his bonus yet. It feels wrong contributing to a thread called "Raisin are a disgrace" when they've proven themselves to be anything but :think:
    If he hadn't then I'm sure we'd know all about it.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Not much as of yet. Will try to feed back when I know more but I'd suggest others may want to do similar.

Email received confirming I'll receive the £10 too:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you will also receive the £10 for opting in to Starling.

Please note that the payment process can take around 14 business days to complete after your new Raisin Account has been opened.

We will send you an email as soon as your new Account is available.
  • das1969
    Options
    Just received my £50 bonus, on the same day I got my email approval. This was just after confirming the opt-in to Starling for the £10.
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    emmb wrote: »
    Hi
    I opened a Raisin account in June and have coupla questions .....
    Anyone been successful in getting Bonus claiming after the 30days?

I decided to try anyway..
    Received approval email yesterday and bonus paid today. Yay. Result! :):)
  • altec_09
    altec_09 Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    edited 3 October 2018 at 6:35PM
    Options
    Anyone else had this!? Called numerous times and leave my number but never get a call back. Maybe they are shysters!

Thank you for choosing to save time and make money with Raisin UK. Unfortunately, we've encountered an issue which has prevented us from processing your bonus payment.

Edit - Finally in, they reckon it was an account number issue. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. CS are pretty good, if a bit slow to reply, probably due to the huge numbers opening an account with them recently.
  • mustafa
    Options
    Hi, I received my £50 bonus directly into my bank invested, on 7th August 18 bonus received 21st September. I did think that I missed the boat because they stopped the bonus 2 days after my application
    They did not respond to either email or secure private message. I did send the email required 1 week after the starting point.
    Just checking now re £10 for opt in to Starling!!
    Almost 8% gain on 1K it'll do!!
  • rkelly
    rkelly Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Didn't realise that this had turned into a super thread.
    For info, I did get the £50 bonus and you should all be thankful that you did as well. If it hadn't been for my intervention and highlighting this, I reckon nobody would have got the bonus ;-)

It's ok, no need to thank me all at once.

Regarding the opt-in for the £10 bonus, is there really any hidden charges or issues anyone can think off if you opt-in to Starling taking over?

Thanks
  • Aubrey_Horrocks
    Options
    rkelly wrote: »
    is there really any hidden charges or issues anyone can think off if you opt-in to Starling taking over?

Thanks

My only concern about 'opting in' to the Starling arrangement is whether the Starling account (where any funds will be deposited once savings have reached maturity) operates as an 'app-based only' facility.

I don't used a smart mobile device, preferring desktop and laptop banking. I have 'messaged' Raisin with my query. Three days later, still no reply.

I won't be opting in to Starling. The lure of a £10 sweetener, as an enticement into an arrangement where there are unanswered questions? No, thank you.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My only concern about 'opting in' to the Starling arrangement is whether the Starling account (where any funds will be deposited once savings have reached maturity) operates as an 'app-based only' facility.

I very much doubt (and hope) that they wouldn't do that. Restricting access to only app-based would rule out a lot of customers and make more work for them in the long run.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Email received confirming I'll receive the £10 too:

Thank you for your email.

Yes, you will also receive the £10 for opting in to Starling.

Please note that the payment process can take around 14 business days to complete after your new Raisin Account has been opened.

We will send you an email as soon as your new Account is available.

Who did you email? I too opted in before the offer came out.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing