Raisin.co.uk are a disgrace

Options

Comments

• If you accept the £10 opt in can you still withdraw your funds after the 12 months is over? Or are you then tied into investing it again with them? Struggling to understand the whole opt in / out thing. I’m also over my 60 day window and still haven’t been paid the bonus...
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,450 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The opt-in is just to allow Starling to take over from Meteor in operating the platform.
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2018 at 6:20AM
    Options
    Hi
    I opened a Raisin account in June and have coupla questions about the Bonus and the new Starling aspect to it if anyone can help...

At time of opening I took screenshots of all the Raisin pages and info to do with the account for reference.
    I have not received bonus £50 yet and only checking now in subsection on their pages do I find it says that need to ‘claim’ the bonus within 30 days of opening. That bit passed me by if it was a condition of getting the bonus at the time. It was not in any of the screenshots I’d taken which was referring to.
    Does anyone know if that is a new stipulation or if was in effect in June?

Anyone been successful in getting Bonus claiming after the 30days?

My query ref Starling side of it...
    ....well few questions.... :-/
    -Does opting in to Starling mean the product has new start date or will the 12 month term still end as was?
    -Has anyone spotted any disadvantages of opting in?
    -I am not likely to do any further investing with them so not sure there are advatages
    - Do you know if changing to Starling would stop people getting the original £50 bonus? They are offering £10 to switch.

Thanks in advance for any input :-)
  • emmb
    emmb Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    P.S: My Existing Raisin account is administered by Meteor not direct with Raisin
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2018 at 10:32AM
    Options
    I opted in for the £10. Am wondering where this £10 will actually be deposited?
    It won't be added to the fixed rate savings I already opened,it won't be sent to my nominated account like the £50 bonus was so will it be in a Starling account in my name?! Would I be able to transfer the £10 out or would it need to go towards another savings product?

The advantage of opting in seems to be you can open accounts with any partner banks through Starling with just one log in and not have to set up security details and seperate applications with several providers. Starling/Meteor are piggy in the middle acting as administrator, so they send the money either to the savings provider chosen by you or your nominated account and they get a percentage of the amounts you invest so the £50 bonus for investing the minimum will probably have cost them dear hence changing the new bonus offers but had to do that to get the show on the road.

As piggy in the middle could be some scope for misappropriation of funds but with the FSA protection funds should at least be safe up to the limit with each provider.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 September 2018 at 12:22PM
    Options
    I opted in before the £10 incentive.

No email offering me this so have contacted them to clarify.

If no tenner is forthcoming I'll be opting back out ;-)
  • SeeMe
    SeeMe Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opted in before the £10 incentive.

No email offering me this so have contacted them to clarify.

If no tenner is forthcoming I'll be opting back out ;-)

What did they say when you contacted them?
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    SeeMe wrote: »
    What did they say when you contacted them?

Not much as of yet. Will try to feed back when I know more but I'd suggest others may want to do similar.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,450 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I opted in for the £10. Am wondering where this £10 will actually be deposited?
    It won't be added to the fixed rate savings I already opened,it won't be sent to my nominated account like the £50 bonus was so will it be in a Starling account in my name?! Would I be able to transfer the £10 out or would it need to go towards another savings product?
    According to the email it will be credited to our new Starling Raisin accounts, so we will need to withdraw to our linked bank account or use it towards a new savings product.
  • wizk1
    wizk1 Posts: 911 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wonder if rkelly has received his bonus yet. It feels wrong contributing to a thread called "Raisin are a disgrace" when they've proven themselves to be anything but :think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure