beanielou Posts: 90,544 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Evening everyone :wave:

Weigh in day for me and I lost 3lb

Also got my 2 1/2 stone certificate :T:T:T

Was very happy :D

Well done :D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Yes, Sunshinemummy, this group's proving to be fairly awesome for inspiration. I still feel bad that I don't get here daily to update. But I'll take what I can right now.

2 level tablespoons of flaxseed/linseed is a HEB or 6 syns for 25g. Thanks maman, but :eek: at the syn value I've not been counting in. :o

As I'm working hubby has just made SW chicken pie, (https://www.slimmingworld.co.uk/recipes/chicken-and-mushroom-pies.aspx) which was lush, even though he switched out the gravy for stock and added more veg. So we'll be making that again.

Discovered Alpro's Caffe today. I can find syn count online for the Caramel and Coffee version but not the Hazelnut and Coffee is it the same (2 syns per 100ml)

Breakkie: 30g porridge (yay I remembered to weigh)

Lunch: Beans on Toast (14)
    Dinner Chicken Pie 1/2 syn
    Caffe. 4

:( Better stick to syn free for the rest of the night!
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How did you manage 14 syns on beans on toast dancing dragon ?:eek:

I'm guessing 2 large slices of toast when you've already had your HEB. And what else?:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    How did you manage 14 syns on beans on toast dancing dragon ?:eek:

I'm guessing 2 large slices of toast when you've already had your HEB. And what else?:D

oh god maman..... i could make beans on toast reach 14 syns easily - bread, butter, cheese on top....:D:D:D:D:D:D

The wagon run me over tonight... we are on our 2nd bottle of wine. :D:D:D:D:D
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,577 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    DancingDragons it's 40g of oats for HEB now so you actually only had 4 syns worth so can use your HEB as part of your beans on toast so 8 syns not 14 - assume you had cheese on topmto makr it that high in syns.

Denise
  • maman
    Options
    Interesting to read how easy it is to make something as simple as beans on toast full of syns. I don't have a problem with that. If you really enjoy butter and cheese with it then go for it. Syns are there for us to enjoy after all.:D

There was an interesting article in my newspaper yesterday. It was largely about calories and portion sizes. The introduction was about the news story the other day where bowls brimming full of cereal are pictured on the front of packets when the recommended portion is 40g or less. Then it went on to show what is really the recommended portion compared with what people actually buy/eat. It wouldn't come as much of a surprise to those of us that do SW but things like salads laden with mayo etc. were really high in calories when people assume it's the healthy option.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, half banana

L: veggie omelette with ham and pickles
    D: HB braised steak with SW roast parsnips and potatoes plus loads of Speed
    Syns: weekend wine:D

I'll be on plan until Thursday then we start a weekend pf birthday meals for various family.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    There was an interesting article in my newspaper yesterday. It was largely about calories and portion sizes. The introduction was about the news story the other day where bowls brimming full of cereal are pictured on the front of packets when the recommended portion is 40g or less. Then it went on to show what is really the recommended portion compared with what people actually buy/eat. It wouldn't come as much of a surprise to those of us that do SW but things like salads laden with mayo etc. were really high in calories when people assume it's the healthy option.

Totally agree Maman - I've always said I'm eating the same foods as before but in different quantities....in fact, taking the example of cereal, I've got so used to eating 40g of cereal I genuinely don't think I could eat the quantity of cereal that I used to before.

Today was a momentous day in the life of gts.....I actually went running lol. A guy has offered to coach anyone from our sw group on a Sunday morning so I joined them today & I actually enjoyed it. Not saying I'll be running a marathon anytime soon though.

Off to the cinema shortly - I wanted to see 'The Children's Act' but our local cinema is showing it really stupid times. Going on my own so doubt I'll have pop corn & I've got a bottle of Diet Coke so will be relatively good.

Not sure what's for tea but will be on plan .....I will get that sticker next week ....how many weeks have I said that lol.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    +1.5

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,410 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since 4.45pm yesterday, I have shut myself off from society and lain down in a darkened room. The Bairns lost again – to Connah’s Quay Nomads!!!!!!!!! It was painful to put that down in black & white.

Well done, gts.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • maman
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    Since 4.45pm yesterday, I have shut myself off from society and lain down in a darkened room. The Bairns lost again – to Connah’s Quay Nomads!!!!!!!!! It was painful to put that down in black & white.
    ].

Poor you. I feel your pain. :(

At least we couldn't lose this weekend as we're not playing. :D

Promise, no comfort eating. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business