Future Energy Administration

Options

Comments

• pmacdougall
    Options
    I still haven't paid we were with them and left way before they went into administration they wanted £350+ off me saying that FE were charging me incorrectly per unit of energy used - reported to OFGEM was a waste of time but I'm not paying them a bean
  • Sparkinthedark
    Options
    Northumbria gave wrong details to sse when they went bust and i got a bill for over £600 now smart are asking me for £28.00
  • totalguitar
    totalguitar Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    After 11 months after asking them for a correct meter reading and receiving no reply, i've received another final demand. I'm ignoring it of course, they are clutching at straws now. Cowboys.
  • Pappa_B
    Options
    I’ve received a final demand for money. Don’t know where they’ve received the amount from that I owe. Estimated. Amy one else receive this demand (email)??
  • triple_eggs
    triple_eggs Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2019 at 9:57PM
    Options
    Hello,

I fell foul of CDS when FutureEnergy collapsed; they have been hounding me via email ever since over a bill for a period of time for which I was not tenant of the property in question.

I owe no money whatsoever because my wife and I moved from the apartment where we used them, we settled the final bill and they were aware we were no longer customers. This was just before they fell into difficulties.

I respond to the emails the exact same way every time, I have written and signed letters from letting agent stating that I did not live at the property, and I have a bank statement to show final Future Energy bill paid. Nobody ever replies to these emails, so on several occasions I have phoned up, convinced the person on the other end of the phone that I owe nothing, they agree to strike me off the list, but lo and behold, five months later I get another email!!!

On Wednesday 2019-07-24 I received an email from them with a new and salient line, quoted below:

"We are legally obligated to advise you that if no response is received within seven days, we will look to pass this account to our legal partners who may implement proceedings against you. If you have already settled this account or have any queries, please contact us within seven days from the date of this letter."

I emailed again with no response, so I phoned up the member of the 'Legal Escalation Team' who signed the email. In a truly surreal turn of events, she said the address I was resident at when I used FutureEnergy was not the one against my name in their records. In my frustration I gave the addresses I had lived in for three years prior to using Future Energy, and the two addresses I have lived in since, none of which were 'correct'. She then kindly suggested I was in fact a tenant at the property I was being billed for for the duration they are billing me for, since 'clearly don't know where you [me] lived anyway'. At this point I pointed some expletives in her direction before putting the phone down.

I have tried friending this person on LinkedIn to try and get her attention and a written response. After looking at my profile she clearly declined to accept the invitation.

My boss at work suggested this is a trick he has seen on debt collector TV shows they use to find your current address to send over a debt collector. I don't owe this money and I definitely don't want a debt collector rocking up at my house. I'm beginning to worry during the day that I'm going to be chased down by CDS ad infinitum, James Cameron Terminator or Resident Evil Nemesis style.

I am utterly confident that I do not owe this money.

Does it sound probable that I will have legal proceedings taken against me or have a collector show up?

---- NEW STUFF ----

I got a phone call minutes after emailing CDS asking them to confirm the contents of the phone call I made the other day.

The last sent over a spreadsheet with their calcs in, which do include the correct kWh and standing charges. I asked if they had a record of my payments, and she said I would have to contact the administrator.

The biggest issue I have right now is that I simply don't remember anything. My recollection is that I gave my meter readings and made a payment over the phone the day my wife and I moved out, but frankly that could be a false memory. We used to use a Yorkshire Bank account for bills, but we closed that and moved to the Halifax almost as soon as we left Newcastle. We lived with my mam for a short while too, which meant we had no bills.

I recall in the past they were billing me for a period after I moved out, but now I'm being told I'm getting a bill for the final quarter before I moved out.

Hopefully the administrators can provide more information?

--- MORE INFO ---
    Forgot to mention:

The reason they couldn't confirm my address is that they had my letting agent's address recorded against my name. The billing spreadsheet with meter readings they sent to me also had my letting agent's address on it.

The photo of the spreadsheet they sent to me (sans personal info) here: (can't post links!)

I have been told I must contact the administrator to establish why I owe this money, but I don't know how I'm supposed to do this before they refer me to their legal team on Wednesday
  • totalguitar
    totalguitar Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    I got the same email as you and I expect many did. It states the amount I owe is GBP, that's it, just GBP. Firstly it's 11 months since I emailed them with my own spreadsheet proving I owe nothing to which I got no reply. Secondly why are they emailing people, surely things like this need to be posted as email addresses are disposable items these days.

I have no intention of replying to anything they send and never will.
  • Bill_laurie
    Options
    I received the same email on the 25th July, this is 11 months after I sent them all my bills and final meter reading. The amount they claim I owe, was not mentioned in the email.
    I reminded them I had previously furnish all my billing info, and suprise suprise, I have had no response.
  • Pappa_B
    Options
    I replied to my email and explained that when I left FE back in September 2017, I was informed there wasn’t any outstanding balance. I stated I will not be paying and wish for them to reply back stating the account is now closed. I also highlighted that the email stated ‘Amount owed - GBP’ and no actual figure was stated.

Lets see what comes of it, but it does worry me in case it’s passed onto a bailiff company.
  • 1iking
    1iking Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 January 2020 at 12:19AM
    Options
    Thought this had gone away when I emailed them querying the amount owed. Supplied them with all details of meter readings, rates etc and suggested that I was actually a creditor rather than a debtor. Never heard a thing back. Now nearly a year later I have now received a demand from another debt company "Muckle" looks like its starting all over again
  • JuliaBolton1979
    Options
    lala2018 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in joining forces, anyone else? Another thought, Watchdog might be interested??

Hi, I'm a new user and have unfortunately fallen into the CDS Global trap myself after my previous energy suppliers went into administration.

I have been told I owe £1,200 for gas used over the winter months a year ago. This is despite me giving accurate monthly meter readings for the entire time I was with my previous providers. I have asked for my meter readings and copies of statements but have been told they are no longer available as my account is closed. They have literally provided an opening and closing meter reading which is ridiculous.

I initially contacted the CAB for advice after receiving the shocking bill but once the energy company went into official administration, the CAB said they could no longer help. I was back at square one after 6 months of stress and constant chasing missing records.

I have since made countless phone calls and sent lots of emails to the administrators who are dealing with accounts on the energy providers behalf and have been told to ignore all demand emails and texts from CDS Global. The administrators have asked me to wait patiently for them to look at my usage and (direct debit) payments made but have confirmed that there are many, many others in a similar situation so I could be waiting a while.

I am very nervous to just leave these awful demand letters and texts as they are threatening my credit rating and say that the amount owed will shortly be passed on to debt collectors. I am dreading bailiffs knocking on my door.

As I am still waiting (8 months later!) for my account to be looked at, I am at a loss with what to do. Do I ignore the threatening letters from CDS Global? Do they have a right to take me to court over a bill that I have been disputing ever since I received it - I was originally asking my ex- suppliers to take my meter away for tests to try and resolve the issue only to find out the same week that they had then gone into administration.

This issue has caused me so much stress over the past 8 months. Not only do I not have £1,200 lying around to pay them off, I dont actually owe the darn money in the first place. It's all such a mess and I have literally run out of steam with it all. I was actually glad to find this feed to see that there are so many others suffering with the same fate.

Has anyone at all had any luck with sorting out their issues with CDS Global?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure