Future Energy Administration

Options

Comments

• jooliver71
    Options
    If you mean the CDS Global in Market Harborough, it's not the same company. They are publishers.
  • charliegolf
    Options
    CDS are seriously mishandling this. I've found a place where you can complain about the incompetence of an appointed administrator, cant post the link but googling 'Insolvency Practitioner Complaint' should take you straight to the government web page where you can fill in the form
  • hdp
    Options
    I am getting fed up with this company. They sent me a wildly inaccurate bill based on estimated usage and old meters. My meters were changed last summer by Future Energy to Smart meters which are now dumb. As to why they cannot get the meter readings is beyond me. Thankfully I took meter readings regularly and on the day Future Energy became insolvent.

After speaking to them during the summer I was assured my 'debt' would be removed from the system but they are still harassing me for payment. I've now spent around 1 hour setting out calculations showing the correct bill for them based on actual meter readings and the correct tariff. Sent it by special delivery to them as well as by email. I owe them nothing and should, in fact, be in credit. I'm really fed up as I've done all of the billing work for them. Can I charge for the amount of time I've wasted on them.

My current energy supplier have not managed to set up my electricity account properly so I'm getting really fed up with that. In part it was the fault of Green Star Energy who incorrectly took back my account when I had initiated a switch before Future Energy went insolvent due to a large rise in prices.
  • charliegolf
    Options
    I was in credit when future went bust, have my closing reading from my opening bill (with EDF, who I went to), sent it to CDS who said they'd have a recalculated bill out to me within 14 days, that was about 2 months ago, 2 debt chasing letters since and no response to any further correspondence from me.

Think CDS are just the attack dogs, the actual administrator is someone called rsmuk, who presumably employ CDS to do the debt chasing. I've just emailed rsmuk directly to ask them what happened to all the real meter readings and how to deal with CDS.

It's over a year since I left Future, they owe me about £90 and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can deal with things properly.
  • AnnieK24
    Options
    Afternoon, I've recieved a new email today from Corporate Debt Solutions so I am guessing that despite the previous emails I'd sent to the adminstrators that they had not sent accurate information regarding the bill which they have not responded to that they have now passed my details to a debt collecting company. This is so wrong, what will it be next, threats of court action?
  • lala2018
    Options
    I've had yet another email today chasing payment, no response to my numerous emails or phonecalls from CDS, RSM or Ofgem. I'm copying them all in to replies and have copied in Watchdog today also with a link to this thread. I'd recommend you all do the same then maybe someone at either Watchdog, Ofgem or RSM will pay attention and we might get something sorted. It's bordering on harassment now.
  • Ted23
    Options
    I was with future energy I had meter readings I was in credit when they went bust it was passed over to green star energy, I paid future energy up to those readings and paid Green Star from those readings, future energy took 2 payments from my bank after they went bust, I forgot to cancel, now CDS has billed me for electric estimated, (smart meter by the way) gas was ok how can they do this after I had a FINAL bill, they are trying to intimidate people ,trying to wear people down so they just pay up, my emails don't get through, my letters are ignored even regesterd ones, when I ring and complain they have a buzzer on their line which makes it sound like a bad line So i can't get my point over , they are bullies don't give in to them I'm prepared to go all the way to court , the liquadators are RSM in Newcastle they have employed them to claw money in ,it's a money making set up for RSM. I've been in touch with RSM they pretended to be on my side they owe me 2 payments which I made to Future energy, it's a game what they are playing, it's legal robbery it really is shameful we should all get together in the northeast and put a picket on RSM in Newcastle.
  • Ted23
    Options
    RSM the liquadators the person in charge of this situation is a girl called Julie Willis her email is juliewillis@rsm.uk.com but I'm afraid she will fob you off just like CDS , if you Google her name it comes up with her and RSM getting a charity award for helping victims of crime, is harassing and threatening people for money legal, I'm afraid it is when it's done like this,these people are thugs and they are hiding behind another bunch of thugs who do their bidding, do not give in to them, do not let them wear you down, put official complaints into them RSM and CDS use recorded delivery keep records and question their bills, put their bills into dispute and maybe the Ombudsmen can then get involved.
  • Jarvy73
    Options
    I've (I hope) resolved my issue with CDS. As mentioned in my 1st post, I had received the same correspondence as others (starting 20th June), asking for about £170. I advised them I didn't agree with their calculations and that I had evidence of the correct tariffs and actual readings.

Long story short, they have finally recalculated based on the original FE tariffs and actual readings. The final bill was about £19 (£150 less than they originally asked for). Mind, even the final calculations had some basic mathematical errors that I had to correct (and save myself a fiver).

I'm not confident I won't hear from them again, but here's hoping.

Good luck to the rest of you and, as a few have said, I'm concerned that some people will have paid over the odds if they didn't query the initial bill, or have the necessary evidence.
  • charliegolf
    Options
    I managed to get them to accept an actual reading as my final one but even the recalculated bill was still high. I got them to re-break it down for me and managed to find an old bill. The standing charge they billed was almost twice what is should be and the electricity unit price was also wrong so check for that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure