Forum Home» Phones & TV» Broadband & Internet Access

Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread - Page 183

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

edited 14 June 2010 at 2:34PM in Broadband & Internet Access
1.9K replies 557.9K views

Replies

• DIXYDEANDIXYDEAN Forumite
    2 posts
    Second Anniversary
    I have just signed up for John Lewis Broadband and Phone line and free calls - I was with Plusnet then found out JL was Plusnet anyway. Today was supposed to be the day I went over to JL but can I find any info about this change :eek: I signed for a certain package and now it is telling me that the charges are all going up and I have not received the service yet. Can they do this and can I change to another supplier because of the changes and prices? I signed for this on this site and I need help with this. I think they make it as complicated as they possibly can.
    :eek:
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    17.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contact JL and cancel .
    You may or may not incurr charges .

<but can I find any info about this change>

Usually an email to the address you used to sign up with .Plus a router in the post .
  • DIXYDEANDIXYDEAN Forumite
    2 posts
    Second Anniversary
    I have had a router in the post it is not set up yet as they said they will tell me when to set it up. It is the most confusing company I have ever dealt with they send you messages as requests and you have no idea what they are telling you - or maybe that is my age but I find them confusing. When you go on your account it says it is supplied by Plusnet and their charges are going up on 3rd Dec so why did they not tell me that before I signed up?
  • editor1editor1 Forumite
    287 posts
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    After being with Sky Broadband and Unlimited calls for three years, took the plunge to move to NowTV package - broadband & Anytime calls, I under took this change of ISP via Quidco that was offering a cash back of £90.00, meaning, after the 5 Quid Quidco charge our monthly payments have reduced from our regular £16.99 (increased to £34.00 a month once out of contract with Sky) to £10.92 a month once cash back is paid out by 1st April 2020.

Did try online Chat with Sky, they passed me on to Renewals, and, after getting rather annoyed with all the security, and knowing full well they'd not offer £16.99 again, said !!!!!! it and moved to NowTV, which is also owned by Sky.

For what we were paying Sky you can get Fibre and Anytime calls with NowTV for £18.00 a month once cash back is taken into account with either TopCashBack or Quidco, opted for Quidco for regular broadband as payout was 10 quid higher than TCB.

As a warning, Cashback payments may not arrive, however, even if this is the case, 18 quid is better than present offers from Sky, and £10.92 is a knockout.

Nearly changed to NowTV earlier in the year, but now with being out of contract and NowTV being competitive whatever way we look at it, went with NowTV.

We should be active with NowTV on 17th December, two weeks from today and Quidco Cashback has tracked - so quite happy with this deal for next 12 months and will be able to get a good Black Friday deal in 2020 if now don't keep prices low.
  • martinbuckleymartinbuckley Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    I've just transferred to POP Telecom from Sky. I'm paying £15.50 a month for line rental, broadband and anytime calls. With Sky, I was about to pay £22.99 a month for broadband & line rental alone.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just transferred to POP Telecom from Sky. I'm paying £15.50 a month for line rental, broadband and anytime calls. With Sky, I was about to pay £22.99 a month for broadband & line rental alone.

Looks interesting. I'm assuming that's for the 11 Mbps package? The 35 Mbps version's coming up at £29.99 for me.
  • martinbuckleymartinbuckley Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Correct Doc N.
  • edited 4 December 2019 at 10:45AM
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 4 December 2019 at 10:45AM

It's coming up at £18.99 for me without a calls package, is this location based or did you get a better deal elsewhere?

Edit: customer reviews aren't great BTW and even the Trustpilot ones (normally I wouldn't even bother using them) are dodgy. Almost all 5* reviews in the last 2 days, all of them mention the agent they spoke to by name? Hmmm...
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    17.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is their not a big thread on that supplier .
  • afmfifghafmfifgh Forumite
    278 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Now TV have been good for us and we also got a 6 month trial of NowTV with ours earlier this year when we signed up but tbh bar watching Chernobyl on it we never used it again and cancelled the NowTV trial. Internet speeds on fibre have been very good.