PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Prepping for Brexit thread

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    A dehydrator is a dashed useful too for converting a glut into stored food. It doesn't work for Everything but it's handy. Also you can get downright picky about your apple rings, mango chips & beef jerky...Which when you see how much the latter two sell for - it is nice to have a device that turns YS meat & fruit into expensive treats!

• boultdj
    boultdj Posts: 5,312 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Strawberry crisps are my go to snack, oooo! not tried drying mango yet..... I see experiments in food drying in my future.
    £71.93/ £180.00
  • For anyone who is wanting quantities of vinegar for pickling and chutneys this coming autumn Amazon have 2 x 5 litres of malt vinegar for £11.99 and mine should arrive early next week.  The largest I've been able to find available in the supermarkets have been 1 pint bottles.  I also managed to get 3kg of dark brown sugar from Amazon too which is another thing that's been impossible to source from the beginning of lock down and I need it for making brown sauce to see us through the colder months.  Ketchups have been available in the shops but brown sauce has been less so.  
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's Worcester sauce I can't find anywhere, all the other seem to be in abundance.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    It's Worcester sauce I can't find anywhere, all the other seem to be in abundance.

Me too, Hard_Up_Hester. The name brand L&P is nowhere to be seen. However DH did manage to get a couple of small bottles of MrS own brand & he has picked up a Henderson’s Relish - looks similar.  HTH
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 4 July 2020 at 3:50PM
    I'm a bit late to this particular party but the combination of COVID and BREXIT make me think that stocking up is a good idea. I do keep a well stocked stroe cupboard anyway.

I don't grow my own so, apart from filling the freezer, I am concentrating on canned and dried goods.  So far my list includes:
    pasta
    canned tomatoes/passata
    canned tuna
    canned kidney beans
    lentils (green and red)
    toothpaste
    everyday sauces
    maybe some jam
    dried milk
    toilet rolls/paper tissues/kitchen roll
    What else should I add?
Meet your Ambassadors