Loopy's Bankruptcy Journey

Options

Comments

• loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Fermi!! No - I haven't been paying anything. I haven't heard from the OR since the day of the interview. Do I need to phone them or wait for them to phone me? My OR is in Chester. I am concerned about it but I've had nothing asking me for any money.

Apart from the BP all is well with me. It's nice to see everyone's doing ok.

Awww philnicandamy - it certainly has flown - 5 down 7 to go! x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• betterlatethannever
    Options
    Yep, great to see your still around.:j

Thought you'd come back to shout that you'd got ED:confused:
    The first time we said hello, was the first time we said goodbye. As the angels took your tiny hand and flew you to the sky-you forever left us breathless. RIP my beautiful granddaughter :(
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Your OR should have sorted this out, but they are are so busy at the moment that you may have got overlooked.

Best to give them a polite call to ask what is going on. They won't mind. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    :(:(:( Oh no I don't want to ring them in case they say something I don't want to hear!!!

I don't know how much it is. I've had a letter from HMRC and it says I have to send them a P60 but I haven't had mine from my employer yet because I've been off work sick since the 26th March. It states in the letter that HMRC will then make a claim to the Trustee in BR for this amount? So I wait until I get back to work and then send them my P60?

Oh I can feel the BP going up! HAHAHA!

Nothing is that much of a worry it'll get sorted - thank you Fermi.
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fermi
    Options
    Don't be afraid to phone them. They might have something nice to say. :)

Once you've got it sorted with the OR, then it's up to HMRC and the OR to argue it out.;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• loopy_lou1
    Options
    Dare I ask about ED?
    I want to but I don't want them to think I have a cheek to ask?!
    I'll phone them this week - I think I need to get my P60 from work, too? Oh - what would I do without this place?!
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fermi
    Options
    As long a you play it fairly 'innocent' then there is no harm in asking.

The OR's do get a bit annoyed when people badger them about ED. But a polite enquiry where you are unsure what is going on should be OK.

I found out that my case had been flagged for ED by accident. I phoned up to ask about something else, and the very nice lady dealing with it at my office noticed that it had been put on my file. :)

• Chihuahua_Mistress
    Options
    Hi, I wasnt around on this site last year, but just wanted to say well done for coming so far!
    x
  • gratton20
    gratton20 Posts: 170 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Loopy Lou

I remember you posting around the same time I was thinking of going BR and I am so glad that things are looking brighter for you. I always felt, and of course I dont know you, that you got into debt mostly because you felt unhappy and it was a way of feeling better at least for a while. Thats the way it goes so often isnt it. It is good to be debt free, knowing that even if you go to bed skint at least you dont owe anyone a penny .. for me its been a long hard journey but so worth it now I have got my discharge and it will be for you too I am sure ... best of luck for the future and remember that the most important and special person in the world is YOU ... believe that and others will see it too if they have any sense:A
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    Hiya everyone!!!!

Hope you're all good - I am!

I spoke to the OR's office today and asked about ED - and apparently I would've been told at my interview in January if I was getting ED.
    I didn't want to push it - she was nice but avoided the ED question.
    With regard to my tax payments - she just told me to send my P60 to the HMRC - then they would sort it out. Is there no way I can get ED and I think I just need to send the P60 for the tax and let them sort it out.
    It's been 6 months in 9 days I can't believe how fast it's gone - I am hankering for this ED now, though!
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family