EXPIRED: Gatehouse Bank/Raisin UK offering 2% AER on 12 month fixed term accounts plus £50 bonus

Options

Comments

• MarkFromCornwall
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    See post #11 above.

OK, thank you, that answers my question. I should have read that before posting.
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    To be honest to get any kind of decent interest, say £100 for the year or so, you'd have to put in about £6-7k

Obviously the £50 would boost this, so I guess you could just put about £3-4k in it to compensate.
  • henryandmay
    henryandmay Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Money has been invested and my Gatehouse account is showing in credit with £1000.
    Time to send bonus email?
  • Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know how Raisin is regulated? How do I know that my money really will be invested with one of their partner banks? Is it protected in the period between me sending it to Raisin and them depositing it with one of the banks?

(I looked for Raisin on the FSCS and PRA websites but found nothing).
    Mr Mason has done the legwork on checking permissions. Raisin are doing the marketing but your money is sent to Meteor Asset Management. That's their bank account details, I've checked. Probably also the reason why Raisin want an email to notify them money has been paid to MAM for the bonus.
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    To be honest to get any kind of decent interest, say £100 for the year or so, you'd have to put in about £6-7k

Obviously the £50 would boost this, so I guess you could just put about £3-4k in it to compensate.

Eh? 2% is 2% of whatever you put in. From my point of view we're getting 2x a free £50 so we'll just put in the minimum allowed (£1K each) to claim it.

Our £2K was earning interest elsewhere, so for that amount of money, swings and roundabouts really. It's the 50 squids that make the difference ;)
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What is your thinking behind holding off on sending bonus email?

Because I'm not 100% sure whether my Gatehouse Bank savings account has been funded yet. The email I received earlier seems to suggest the account will be open from Thursday 14th June (also says the same when I'm logged in to my Raisin UK account).

On the bonus page it states to email them once the savings account has been funded, as I'm not 100% sure if that's the case then I am happy to hold off.

I have 30 days in total to email them and I only signed up 3 days ago - there is no immediate rush. Even if the offer was withdrawn now then I'd still be eligible for the bonus.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,690 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »

As Deneb says, Eh?
    You don't measure 'decent interest' by the total sum received, you measure it by the percentage of the sum invested.
    The 2% account here offers 2%, regardless of how much you put in.
    The £50 bonus only needs £1000 putting in, therefore the 'best' return is on just £1000 put in.
    You can get 2% or more elsewhere on your other £1000s. You can't get the £50 bonus though.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Raisin/Gatehouse are a bit slow. Two days now my £1k has been showing as ordered/pending investment and the money still with Raisin.
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Raisin/Gatehouse are a bit slow. Two days now my £1k has been showing as ordered/pending investment and the money still with Raisin.

You should receive an email confirmation once your deposit has been received by Raisin (strictly, by Meteor) and, if you log in to your account, the dashboard transactions history will indicate the date on which the money is due to be placed in your chosen product.

Because of the intermediary involvement, you can't expect it to be as quick as going directly to the product provider, but you are getting £50 for your trouble.

Both of our deposits were placed with Gatehouse today - within 2 days of confirmed receipt by Raisin.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    And as if by magic, the money has now been shifted with a maturity date of 19/6/19. Email sent claiming the £50.

Looks like approx. 48 hours from sending funds from bank to Raisin/Meteor will be the norm from this and other posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure