First Anniversary First Post
    edited 4 May 2019 at 11:37AM
    Options
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 5 May 2019 at 8:09AM
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Thanks Andy, seems I may have to forego my switch to Now.
    Had my number 24 years, I could change and have a bit of a hassle, informing people,but might be easier just haggle with TT, see what I can get.
    Like “most” problems, you can get out of them by paying !
    After just having a 4month battle trying to change energy companies, I don’t fancy another battle so soon!
    Companies just don’t like you switching away from them and will do anything to deter you, except give you a good deal for loyalty .
    Don’t like being held hostage though:beer:
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    (Companies just don’t like you switching away from them and will do anything to deter you, except give you a good deal for loyalty )

Well i dont find that as true at all . Over the last few years BT have always done me a deal that was less than current .
  • moremore
    moremore Posts: 518 Forumite
    Options
    I have signed up with Now Broadband as my Sky deal is ending in a few weeks. Sky wouldn't go any cheaper than £19 line rental and £10 ADSL.
    Now has a summer offer on ADSL of £15 a month which includes line rental and Quidco are offering £65 cashback on top.

I could have got fibre but maybe next year. I get approx 16 Mbps download with Sky at the moment and I would expect similar from Now. The Now Hub 2 looks good as well but only 2 ethernet ports so I'll have to get a Gigabit switch attached to it.

Can you please tell me where I could get link to your deal for NOW do I have to register with Quidco for cash back and where would lin to that also please. many thanks
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 28 May 2019 at 5:28PM
    Options
    when you sign up online with Now can you choose a date to start? My contract with PN runs out on 17/6 and I don't want to pay for leaving early or paying them for another month. I tried to find out on the phone but I couldn't understand what the bloke on the other end was saying, he was talking/shouting at 100 mph in a strong regional accent, reminded me of this https://youtu.be/IaadphJyy50
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    when you do through the sign up process (but not complete it), you can see available install dates (usually about 3 weeks in advance)

So have a look, and then you will be able to see when you need to order for when you will be home.

Don't over do it with PN though, as they may charge you.
    They shouldn't charge you for a whole month, only in days.
    But you don't want them receiving the transfer request too soon
  • kuepper
    Options
    when you do through the sign up process (but not complete it), you can see available install dates (usually about 3 weeks in advance)

So have a look, and then you will be able to see when you need to order for when you will be home.

Don't over do it with PN though, as they may charge you.
    They shouldn't charge you for a whole month, only in days.
    But you don't want them receiving the transfer request too soon

No available dates were shown when I went through the process so I just got an email from Now with a date. It's only a few days inside my contract with PN. Phoned Now but they said date couldn't be changed
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    you have the right to cancel within 14 days,
    ask again, and if they say no, say you need to cancel

you could then sign up another day
  • kuepper
    Options
    you have the right to cancel within 14 days,
    ask again, and if they say no, say you need to cancel

you could then sign up another day

Racking up a few £ already trying to get through to do that and in the meantime I've had an email from Plusnet saying I'm going to be charged £12.15 for leaving 4 days before contract ends. On Friday they told me via chat I'd only be billed for any calls. Broadband providers must be worst customer service
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same reply as your identical post.

Master socket depends upon the remit and time scale the OR has on the job sheet.

Only OR are allowed to move touch the rear of the Master Socket .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure