Forum Home» How much have you saved?

Saving for my first bricks and mortar... - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search

Saving for my first bricks and mortar...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in How much have you saved?
127 replies 24.4K views

Replies

• pinknsparklypinknsparkly Forumite
    497 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    That's fantastic news on the £2000 Dizzy, mega congratulations!!

And I've also got tickets to see Pink next year too. I have wanted to see her for sooooooooooo long and strangely was moaning to my husband only a couple of months before the European part of the tour was announced that it couldn't be called a World Tour and not come to Europe. I'll be going with my sister to the Wembley show on the Sunday - the tickets for the Saturday sold out so fast I didn't even see them! I am seriously beyond excited - I've told my husband that whenever I get grumpy or upset for the next 8 months, he just has to remind me about the show :) I almost didn't get them for the same reason you alluded to - they're so expensive but you're right: they absolutely are the treat of a lifetime! And when I add up how often my husband goes to local gigs for £10-£20 a go, this is a bargain in comparison!
    MFW2020 challenge #99: £2,367.60 / £3,600
    MFiT-T5 (Jan 2019 - Jan 2022) challenge #99: £13,363.81 / £30,000
    Initial MF date (18th Dec 2018): Jan 2054 Current MF date: Sep 2051 :D
    Last updated: 31/05/2020
  • Dizzy_DitzyDizzy_Ditzy Forumite, Board Guide
    17.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's fantastic news on the £2000 Dizzy, mega congratulations!!

And I've also got tickets to see Pink next year too. I have wanted to see her for sooooooooooo long and strangely was moaning to my husband only a couple of months before the European part of the tour was announced that it couldn't be called a World Tour and not come to Europe. I'll be going with my sister to the Wembley show on the Sunday - the tickets for the Saturday sold out so fast I didn't even see them! I am seriously beyond excited - I've told my husband that whenever I get grumpy or upset for the next 8 months, he just has to remind me about the show :) I almost didn't get them for the same reason you alluded to - they're so expensive but you're right: they absolutely are the treat of a lifetime! And when I add up how often my husband goes to local gigs for £10-£20 a go, this is a bargain in comparison!

Thank you :) I love Pink and have done for years. We are going to Cardiff :D We saw her at V-Fest last year and what we saw then was nothing short of amazing so I can't wait to see what the tour brings :j eight months is such a long time away though :eek::rotfl:
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to [email protected]

• pinknsparklypinknsparkly Forumite
    497 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I've heard she's incredible on stage, I've never seen her perform. A colleague of mine also loves her and has got tickets for next year too but has already seen her twice (including at V) and has offered to lend me some DVDs of her performances but I want to see them for the first time in person! I'm hoping that splurging on those tickets will act as enough of a treat to myself to stop me wasting money on other random little things between now and then. That's the plan anyway :rotfl:
    MFW2020 challenge #99: £2,367.60 / £3,600
    MFiT-T5 (Jan 2019 - Jan 2022) challenge #99: £13,363.81 / £30,000
    Initial MF date (18th Dec 2018): Jan 2054 Current MF date: Sep 2051 :D
    Last updated: 31/05/2020
    17.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard she's incredible on stage, I've never seen her perform. A colleague of mine also loves her and has got tickets for next year too but has already seen her twice (including at V) and has offered to lend me some DVDs of her performances but I want to see them for the first time in person! I'm hoping that splurging on those tickets will act as enough of a treat to myself to stop me wasting money on other random little things between now and then. That's the plan anyway :rotfl:

I've so far avoided the temptation to look up previous concerts on YouTube :rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator do not read every post. If you spot an iffy post please report it to [email protected]

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on savings and that sounds like a fab concert. I like Pink. Yay.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    17.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This months total is £2500 :j :j

For December I've put my £200 in my HTB account and then I'll only be putting oddsies in my savers - cashback payouts mostly but I have some £2 coins I need to get in the bank at some point :)

Now to start planning my targets for next year :D

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £2500:):):T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:money::money::money:
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    17.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will do a final total on New Years Eve but I think i will end the year at about £2800 :j

Christmas shopping is HARD when you arent spending any unnecessary money! Mostly I have planned meticulously so that I have used bonus offers on cashback sites but it takes a lot of planning and not something that I will be doing again next year. I feel a bit panicky :rotfl: Next year I shall be buying or making one present a month and stashing it in the Christmas box that will be going in my parents loft :rotfl:

I am a little bit more relaxed about money this month. I have been very kindly gifted some money at work so a portion of that will be spent on me and the rest will go into the savings pot. I am just not sure yet what the ratio will be :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope you're all doing ok :D

• atrixaatrixa Forumite
    124 posts
    100 Posts Third Anniversary
    Well done! I've kept the present shopping to an absolute minimum this year and my finances are looking all the better for it.
    Buying my first house!
    17.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atrixa wrote: »
    Well done! I've kept the present shopping to an absolute minimum this year and my finances are looking all the better for it.

Well done :T i shall be planning much more for next year that's for sure :rotfl: