PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you having for lunch today?

Options

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This week!!!8217;s lunch is philly cheese,cheese slice,ham,chicken & pickle bagels, hm butternut squash, feta & tomato quiche & lettuce, tomato, mint & pomegranate salad.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Back from holiday jauntings and happy to be home again!

Lunch today will be some red pepper and tomato soup that I made yesterday when I got home with a roast chicken thigh for me and a ham sandwich for He Who Knows and a 99 cal fat free yoghurt to follow.
  • southantrim3
    southantrim3 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    For today, I had a chicken sandwich (with chicken left over from the Sunday roast) and a peach yogurt. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 6 June 2018 at 4:43PM
    Options
    We're having something out today if we go otherwise it will be more soup with the same accompaniments as yesterday.

We did go out to Beaulieu which is a lovely place to visit, the car collection is super but the house, grounds and abbey ruins are magnificent, a lovely day out. We both had salads for lunch mine was butternut squash, spinach, roasted red onion and blue vinney cheese and He Who Knows was a roasted Mediterranean veg pasta salad, we both had a New Forest Ice cream too!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »
    This week!!!8217;s lunch is philly cheese,cheese slice,ham,chicken & pickle bagels, hm butternut squash, feta & tomato quiche & lettuce, tomato, mint & pomegranate salad.
    I didn't read it as a weeks worth of lunch at first, so I thought: wow what a feast! But equally delicious on their own I'm sure.

Today's late lunch was a bowl of thick natural yoghurt (something I hated as a child) with red grapes, sprinkled with Lidl muesli. It was not a 150ml serving :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    For lunch today we had cheese on toast with a mixed salad followed by a slice of hm jam and butter icing victoria sponge.
  • Wicked_Lady
    Wicked_Lady Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our lunch today was an 83p box of mushrooms from Asd* microwaved with some soy sauce and eaten on toast.

I had an orange afterwards and I think DH had a coconut macaroon.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The last of the red pepper and tomato soup with cheese on toast for He Who Knows and a cooked chicken thigh for me.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had a working lunch in the office yesterday and there were quite a few nice salad-y bits leftover which I scooped up into tupperware and stowed in the little fridge in my office - things like wild rocket and puy lentils with sundried tomatoes/potato and red apple salad/baby red chard with maple baby beets and balsamic dressing.

So I have brought in a little bit of poached chicken and an avocado today to add to that for lunch.
  • southantrim3
    southantrim3 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    For lunch today: Baked potato with cheese and beans, followed by a peach yogurt...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure