PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you having for lunch today?

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hugh FW's Mexican black bean and tomato soup with added sweetcorn (1/2 a tin to use up) a dollop of Greek yoghurt, grated cheese and fresh coriander and a wholemeal roll.
    Now that really does sound good! I'm going to dig out his book again, because there really is no excuse not for me to use my fabulous kitchen. It is triple aspect with three windows and two doors, so dispersing cooking smells should be easy :)

I had a multigrain HM ploughman's sandwich...with extra baby spinach on the side.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    An Italian style salad with charred artichokes, mozzarella and Italian ham Served with an olive bread roll.
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    More soup, it's such a tasty recipe and I'll try to find a nice ripe avocado to chop and scatter over the top today with some Greek yoghurt and fresh coriander and instead of a roll we'll have some tortilla chips with it.
  • southantrim3
    southantrim3 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Bacon and brie panini today!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Soup beautiful soup but it's the last of this batch and I'll serve it with grated cheese, a dollop of Greek yoghurt and some fresh coriander chopped over it and we'll have some rye crispbreads for a change.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Mine will be a spiralised carrot, baby spinach and hummus sandwich, possibly served with 1/2 a packet of crisps. I like to ring the changes :rotfl:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    Mince and Tatties, with proper dumplings. Carrots and Cauli, with minted new tatties from Jersey!
    Strawberries and icecream later!
    Tum shall be rubbed!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Now that does sound delicious VFM, and I'd add roasted peppers because they 'make' a good sandwich even better!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm afraid we're very boring at lunchtimes; Mr LW almost always has cheese on toast with a few cherry tomatoes.
    I don't actually eat lunch myself these days; if I did, I wouldn't manage to eat dinner later on. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Mushrooms cooked in a little oil with spinach. Garlic powder, splash of lemon juice, soft garlic cheese and water makes garlic sauce. Served on a slice of cheesy bread, with salad leaves, baby tomatoes, and cucumber. Just finished, it was lovely.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills