PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 June 2018 at 7:16AM
    Options
    I spent £48.16 last week. My shopping day is tomorrow and I'm hoping for a smaller spend this week with maybe a fruit/bread top up later in the week. Like someone else here I had £8 off £40 spend vouchers from W@itrose so I did two shops. One was a pet food shop so it's not tracked here - the cats won't starve this month though :rotfl:

I've done a meal plan for this coming week as I'm trying to lose weight as well as make room in the freezer. If I don't have a plan I can easily just have toast.....and then snack on whatever I can find later in the evening.

I'm not vegan but I do often cook meat free and sometimes dairy free depending on who I'm feeding so I'm looking forward to reading FoxFace's recipe thread
  • Highland_Fling
    Options
    good morning everyone

managed to buy YS potatoes and tangerines yesterday.

really need to have a good look in freezer before I construct meal plan as I am sure there are some packages that I really need to use up.
    i'm very good at filling the freezer but not so good at using the contents once they're frozen. :(

hope everyone has a good day.
  • MadamMim2013
    MadamMim2013 Posts: 887 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just over £149 so far, did get a couple of ys bargains last night in MrA's, have frozen them for use at a later date! :T
    Tired and lacking motivation in some ways, still not giving in to take out and have been making easy meals that I can prep and leave to cook rather than fuss over, it's helping,
    Shall be taking a look at FoxFace's recipies too:D
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £21.93 in Aldi, I only wanted ibuprofen, loads of salad items, peaches, strawberries, pomegranate, eggs, bread some ham and a few other wanted bits not essentials but probably won`t need shops until next week now.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yesterday was a no spend day. Today is also going to be a no spend day because OH is out and I am not going out.
    My multi cooker has just finished the onigiri mix, I'll be making vegan curry later in it as well as apple porridge. Really would not be without the multi cooker.
    June
    £56.41/£150.
    £93.59 left.

Bulk
    £50.27/£90.
    £39.73 left.
    So pretty much bang on my month budget for the days in.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Just stopping by to log a NSD, hope everyone is well! :)

Thanks so much to everyone for your support, there isn't a lot on the thread at the moment, but I have a few things to add when I get chance!

Fox
    x
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I spent £13.47 in Home B@rgains and £16.58 in Asd@ today, total £30.05 and signature updated. The House Troll's (13 year old son) favourite crisps are 50p a multipack cheaper in HB than elsewhere and I bought a few other bits to make my dad a bag of fruit and nut mix for Father's Day. He's not meant to have too many sweeties as he's diabetic so if I mix it myself I can put enough chocolate chips in to keep him happy (and feeling lucky when he finds one ha ha) without sending his blood sugar readings sky high.

There's a few other savings to be had there and I bought the HT's break time snack bars while the packet was in front of me in HB as although they weren't cheaper they were there and if I'd got to Asd@ and found they were out of stock I'd have been kicking myself.

Evening meal tonight was chicken thighs sliced and cooked in BBQ sauce as planned. HT had his with chips, I had mine in a wrap with salad leaves from the garden, chopped red onion and a dab of perinaise. I'm going to lift tomorrow's evening meal (quorn spag bol) from the freezer now and leave it in the fridge to start defrosting. I'm not good at remembering to do things like that before we leave the house in the morning.
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    YorksLass wrote: »
    I have an online order booked for delivery next Tuesday and that should come in at just under £40. This is for the heavy and bulky items that I need to stock up on.

Order arrived today, everything I wanted was in stock - a lot of it was on promotion and - after deduction of £5.59 via MOCs - the bill came to £38.51. Happy with that. :):)

Tomorrow I'll be making a spicy carrot & lentil soup and I may well bake some cherry scones too - the cake tin is empty. :(

We go on holiday in 8 weeks' time and the plan is to use up freezer contents between now and then. First of all I'll use things that will make just one meal to give me room to batch cook the other stuff. I find it hard to get back into the swing of things when we come back and there always seems to be a mountain of laundry to deal with too, so it will be good to have some hm ready meals to fall back on.

Well done to everyone who's having NSDs - it's very satisfying, isn't it? :D
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello All. A marvellous nsd today. That doesn't happen often enough. Leftover soup from freezer for tea with some homemade bread and cakes for the children. I'm holding back on the sugar so I had a pudding of apple and almond butter, yummy.

Will need a few bits tomorrow, unfortunately.

Enjoy yourselves. X
  • supersaver1000
    supersaver1000 Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Made the mushroom carbonara and it was delish. Left out the eggs, but I might try the Alpro cream next time, thank you for the suggestion Save Dosh.

Did paella last night and trying the falafel burgers tonight.

Want to try FoxFace's Samosa jacket potatoes tomorrow.

I've got lots of past their best potatoes and a bag of carrots so would like to do a veg. curry on Friday night - any suggestions for other veggies to add would be appreciated. I guess a bombay potato as well?
    OSWL (start 13st) by 30Jun20 6/10
    £1/day Xmas'20-62 £214/£366 saved
    Grocery Challenge Jun £742/£320 spent
    Homeowner wannabe by July 2020 - WooHoo!!
    Starter Emergency Fund £1000/£1000 saved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport