PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Since last post we've spent £3.69.

June
    £56.41/£150.
    £93.59 left.

Bulk
    £50.27/£90.
    £39.73 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Hey everyone :)

Logging a NSD for today. As I did all of my shopping on Friday I didn't need to buy anything today... So we went up to Ambleside and climbed hills for a bit :)

Didn't make the haggis pie today in the end... I had some lentil & mushroom mix left (from the sausage rolls the other day) so I made some more pastry and made it into a bit of a wellington... smells lovely! :D

Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday :)
    Fox
    x
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • Tales17
    Tales17 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Really, really hacked off, windows updated the other day, not on comp much yesterday due to sis`s visit, all my excel files deleted, no spends sheet, no incoming outgoing d/d`s sheet, and worst of all no fridge/freezer list. Looking in play store for a free app to use in future, any recommendations please.

Sorry to hear your computer had messed up your spreadsheet, I would go insane if that happened to me! Having had my laptop die on me once, I was lucky a local computer company managed to retrieve all my files (maybe worth looking into?), they couldn't fix it but gave me all my data back for free which was nice. I try to back up everything once a month now!

As for shopping apps, I use Out of Milk, you can track everything in a pantry list or multiple ones and then add it direct to shopping list. I like that I can use kindle in the house and then sync it to my phone to go shopping! X
    Grocery Challenge 2019 YTD-£820.46/£7200(11%)
    Grocery Challenge Feb - £93.10/£600(16%)
    £12k in 2019 #: Monthly Saving Accounts £500, Cashback & Competition Sites £2.59, Shopping Saving £152.09,Selling £121.26, Interest & Dividends £43.93, Surveys £0, 365 Day Penny Challenge # £103.44
    Total Saved - £923.31/£12000(8%)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That looks lovely, ss. I would need to play around with it because of the cream and parmesan, but will think about giving it a go :)
    I add dairy free Alpro Cream or Coconut Milk, for something I make that is similar. You can add Nutritional Yeast to add the cheesy taste if you wanted.

I was at Columbia Road Flower Market this afternoon, such a beautiful day. Bought a couple of kitchen herbs, chives & basil, which was £4.50 and some other spends in Tesc, £7.50 in total. Gonna make a healthy version of pesto with the basil, as I have 2kg of pine nuts in the freezer. Just want cucumber & mushrooms, anything else can wait 'till Thursday. Really need to get my act together n meal plan/batch cook - makes life so much easier. Have updated sig.
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    £30.01 between Morries and B&M, over £10 of that on dog treats and a new collar. the rest mainly store cupboard
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    First spend of the month of £13.62 on fruit, veg, herbs, butter and puff pastry. Should be pretty well set until the end of the week when I might buy a few bits to take camping with us at the weekend.

I resisted buying reduced pasta as we have loads of pasta in the house already and I'd like more room more than I'd like more pasta!
  • Chloris
    Chloris Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Small spend of £1.10 in the local c00p on cucumber and radishes to top up the salad bits for packed lunches. Tonight's tea is mostly leftovers so cheap and easy. I do need to make some cakes for a 'kitchen coffee shop' I'm holding at mine tomorrow morning. Trying to cut the small treats out and fill packed lunches at the same time. X
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not doing too bad, I'm spending most of the money on fruit and vegetables as my veg plot isn't producing quite enough yet - well it's only producing potatoes and some salad leaves, roll on July when it will all change and I should be almost self sufficient in veg.

Still got loads in the freezer to use so I think I'll stay within budget
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 11 June 2018 at 7:21PM
    Options
    Having to log a spend of £5.77p. My eldest boy sprung it on me last minute that he needed a bunch of ingredients for cooking class at school... can't be helped I guess, but I bought the cheapest priced items.

Edit: I just wanted to add... I don't know if anyone else does this, but I am currently gaining a great deal of pleasure in checking my food budget balances. I only use cash, so every time I update my sig, I grab my purse and count what's left... each time it balances perfectly, it is such a nice feeling :D

Hope you all had a lovely Monday :)
    Fox
    x
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    £2.36 spent at work on YS apples, YS burger buns and YS clementines.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport