Nintendo DS Lite, DSi & 3DS XL (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Which is the newest/best - DSi or DS Lite? I didn't realise there was different versions.
  • relynutz
    relynutz Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    dsi is the newer version... it has a camera as well as other features
    relynutz says it all :o
  • shopaholic_jay
    shopaholic_jay Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2009 at 11:37AM
    Options
    eBay has the DS Lite Turquoise with Cooking Guide Game for £81.99 and £6.99 for next day delivery. The seller is Argos Clearance and has good feedback! :p

Oh and you can use Quidco!
  • ernie-money
    Options
    http://www.game.co.uk/lowdown.aspx?lid=9398&cm_sp=dslite-_-bundles-_-red

Various colours available, choose from the row at the top :)

Thanks for this, still not sure whether to go for this, or to risk buying a preowned one from game or gamestation for £69.99? They do come with a 12 month warranty, and it leaves me with 35 odd quid to get games for... Does anyone have any thoughts on this at all...?
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • minimoneysaver
    Options
    Buy an R4, then you can download as many games as you like. I would buy the new DS.
  • hatewashingmachines
    Options
    Thanks for this, still not sure whether to go for this, or to risk buying a preowned one from game or gamestation for £69.99? They do come with a 12 month warranty, and it leaves me with 35 odd quid to get games for... Does anyone have any thoughts on this at all...?

What sort of games do you want ? A brand new game is about £25-£30 so I would go with a new bundle. I got the DS lite cos it's for my son and he wouldn't use the other functions of the DSi
    To be in your child's memories tomorrow, be in their life today.
  • hatewashingmachines
    Options
    Buy an R4, then you can download as many games as you like. I would buy the new DS.

Can you give me more info on this please? I have heard about them before but never really looked anymore into it. Is it something I can buy in the shops?
  • hatewashingmachines
    Options
    Oh and I read a post on hotukdeals today about Asda selling a Guitar Hero DS lite for a good price........
    £75 INSTORE ONLY
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/463756/limited-edition-guitar-hero-ds-lite/
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you give me more info on this please? I have heard about them before but never really looked anymore into it. Is it something I can buy in the shops?

It's a card you can buy (i've seen them online, about £25 with a memory card) and it lets you play copied games.

i.e it's 'illegal' ;)
  • ernie-money
    Options
    What sort of games do you want ? A brand new game is about £25-£30 so I would go with a new bundle. I got the DS lite cos it's for my son and he wouldn't use the other functions of the DSi

Yes I was going for the lite, as my little man is too young for the other stuff, plus I believe you can play gameboy games on it as well?
    Not really sure what games to go for, he's a six year old boy, so don't want anything over 7+ for him, but he's into the usual stuff boys like - Narnia & Ben 10 were 2 i thought about getting, but no bundles about with them...
    Was thinking if I get a preowned console I could buy a few preowned games as well, but not sure what peoples experiences with preowneds are...?
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure