Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    But it don't make you ill , just makes us fatty boom booms:rotfl::rotfl:
    Meant to ask you and keep forgetting, were your legs/feet ok on the flights this time?

But the fat is around my tummy so it is really unhealthy fat. I would love a bottom... sadly I have no fat on my bum!

I had thought that I had got away with swollen legs, but on the first night there I walked to a restaurant in a pair of converse, and realised that I had huge blisters on the back on both heals. I needed to swop my shoes for DIL flip flops. I realised that my legs were a little swollen, I went to chemist and got some water tablets - resolved the issue. I took them on all the short flights whilst away and on the return journey... they are my best friend now! :D:D:D:D:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It had taken me to this year to realise that a lot of my issues, if you want to call them that, are related to my being in hospital a lot as a child & getting 'treats'.
    I will never look at red cola & other things in the same light again.
    Sad but true.

You got treats - you lucky sausage.

I am the youngest of 5... I had lots of handmedown clothes/toys and had to fight for food - which would be one fish and a loaf of bread to share.... but we was not allowed to leave without finishing everything. I have to admit eating badly is the least of my issues from my childhood..... but I bet you realised that all ready! :D:D:D:D:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,619 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You got treats - you lucky sausage.

I am the youngest of 5... I had lots of handmedown clothes/toys and had to fight for food - which would be one fish and a loaf of bread to share.... but we was not allowed to leave without finishing everything. I have to admit eating badly is the least of my issues from my childhood..... but I bet you realised that all ready! :D:D:D:D:D
    g in hospital & loathing nearly

Yes, 'treats' for being in hospital & loathing nearly every minute :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,958 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But the fat is around my tummy so it is really unhealthy fat. I would love a bottom... sadly I have no fat on my bum!

I had thought that I had got away with swollen legs, but on the first night there I walked to a restaurant in a pair of converse, and realised that I had huge blisters on the back on both heals. I needed to swop my shoes for DIL flip flops. I realised that my legs were a little swollen, I went to chemist and got some water tablets - resolved the issue. I took them on all the short flights whilst away and on the return journey... they are my best friend now! :D:D:D:D:D

Same as me no bum all belly:o
    Oh thats a bummer, but glad you found the tablets :T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    g in hospital & loathing nearly

Yes, 'treats' for being in hospital & loathing nearly every minute :(

Bless, if we had know you then, we would have visited and made it less horrid for you x

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Same as me no bum all belly:o
    Oh thats a bummer, but glad you found the tablets :T:T

For some strange psychological reason, I have not been able to put the shoes back on since.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,958 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For some strange psychological reason, I have not been able to put the shoes back on since.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

You are strange :p:p:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Evening all

Just a quick one from me to say I did another 14 mile cycle ride tonight & loved it - even if hubby asked afterwards where I got my flat tyre ....so that's why tonight's ride was harder than yesterday's lol.

Had a stir fry when I got home and have resisted the box of wine sitting in the kitchen.
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,233 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning All

Well a small loss for me -1lb

Thought I had done better this week but never mind, has brought me down (just) into the next stone so all good
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done Sirens.
    You must be pleased to see a different stone number!
    Well done.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure