Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    You've mentioned a few times of late on your money worries. You still using YNAB to keep on top of things? Using YNAB can, I suppose, add some stress as you begin to realise that you might not have enough for all the things you want. I recon it then comes down to priorities.

I hope you're managing to get a good sleep, that will help in all areas of health and well being.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :wave:
    It is cutting it a bit fine, but I will still make my 1030pm bedtime. I'm finally starting to feel less tired in the evening, but I definitely need every minute of the time I'm in bed, whether or not I'm asleep. I'm determined I'm not compromising there at all - the thing that I've given up tonight is the crochet, just not enough time. So don't worry on that front Speky. I am still using YNAB as well - it's a lot of orange and red at the moment, so yes, a bit more stress. However, I am juggling things around, but it serves to remind me that I may need to go overdrawn this month. I hate the thought of that, but I need to just take it on the chin, and add it to my ever growing list of debts. As you say Dawn, and others have also said, I will sort it once I know where I'm at. I googled consent order, and that's the form for the money and finances, so hopefully we are still making some progress.
    Hi Foxholes - thanks for joining me over here, and taking the time out to read my ramblings, and more than occasional whinges and moans. I hope you haven't been too bored over the past couple of evenings. Thank you for saying such kind things - I'm always overwhelmed by how much love and support I get from my online friends. It means a lot. :kiss:
    So, today has been more of the same. Work, work, work (now have that awful Rihanna song stuck in my head). I had my first free since last Thursday, and ended up just feeling shattered. When I got started with getting something done, another member of staff came to talk to me about something that took up quite a bit of time. Still, I am grateful for my free, and thankful that people know that they can come and talk to me about anything if they want to. I left at 4 as it's Open Evening tomorrow, and I'll be there until 8 tomorrow night - got home and fed us and then top priority was to finish the exam work. So I did that, but it took a bit longer than I thought and it was after 8 once that was done. Then I had a shower and have come back down and caught up on here. No crochet as I need sleep more.
    Thankfully the kids have been well entertained without me tonight - dd has seen her boyfriend and ds on his Xbox. I love them, but like that I can get on with the stuff I need to when I need to do it. However, ds is still up and about now complaining of a cough and sore throat (new term germs), and he's asking for a cuddle so I'm going to let him sleep in with me tonight.
    Hopefully I'll check in tomorrow - see you then :D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sweet dreams xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just a quick check in because I'm absolutely shattered tonight. I left the house at 7.30am and didn't get in until 9.30pm tonight. I've just managed to put the bins out for tomorrow, and I'm catching up on here but absolutely nothing else.
    Open evening was SO busy. At one point I couldn't even move in my own classroom - it's good though that the school is on the up and so many people are coming to visit. Fingers crossed that converts to numbers next year.
    Being so busy I haven't had a lot of thinking time, but I was awake for a while during the night last night. Ended up putting the telly on to keep my mind busy and I went to sleep not long after that. Still less than 6 hours though, and a long day at work today as well. One little bit of mse though - the school provided sandwiches for us for dinner, and I managed to get a couple of spares to bring home - for me and ds tomorrow night (dd doesn't eat sandwiches at all). Also a nsd - it all helps.
    No letter from the solicitor but I wouldn't have dealt with it tonight anyway as I'm just too tired. Did get a nice email from the exam people though saying thanks and that they thought I'd done a really good job :D Always nice to be praised.
    So, I'm determined to make my 1030 bed time. Just going to head off now and hope that the lack of thinking time during the day doesn't mean that I'm going to be awake for hours tonight while my brain rebels against me :rotfl: Night night all...
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sleep well :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I am more tired than I can remember being for AGES. And tired makes me grumpy and grumpy means I open my mouth and say what I mean...
    Plus I am a bit worried about ds. I'm hoping he's just tired with the routine of being back at school, but he's been really anxious the past few days, and this morning he was very tearful. I asked him what was the matter, and he said that he just feels sad and he doesn't know why. He also said he was like his dad, which I've told him he isn't, and that while it was ok for him to feel sad sometimes, we have to try and look after ourselves until we feel better. I ended up ringing the school to speak to his teacher, who said that she would keep an eye on him. She didn't get back to me, and he said he felt a bit better at the end of school but still isn't great so I'm hoping that it's just a temporary thing.
    After the very long day yesterday I was still tired when I woke up this morning and didn't much fancy going to work at all, although I managed to stay out of trouble there (mostly). Had a minor run in with a couple of kids but nothing too horrific.
    The thing I have lost my temper with the most today is YNAB. After all of the hassle last month where I ended up paying twice (once monthly and once annually), I have been charged an annual subscription today, which has made me overdrawn. I think the app is amazing, but something has gone badly wrong with my account. I've sent them a bit of a scathing email telling them to sort it before I get up on Saturday morning or I'm going to cancel for good. It's a bit stressful to lose an extra £70 over what I had planned to spend.
    I'm also a bit chewed off with the solicitor. The letter arrived today with an interim invoice (and I still owe money in spite of paying them £100 a month), with a load of documentation for me to read through that I don't understand, and a vague 'please contact us'. I have no idea what to do with all of the paperwork. Am I supposed to complete it? I know a phone call will cost me a fortune, but they could have told me that when I phoned chasing them on Monday. It's tough trying to work through a load of stuff you've never done before without much help, that's for sure.
    Also peeved that more tiles have fallen off the bathroom wall. I bought a shower curtain and rail, to protect the wall while we're in the shower. Really hope my handyman gets back to me soon, and that I'm not going to be even more broke than I can afford to be.
    On days like this I just need to have a shower and have an early night, and try and hide from the world... so I think that's what I'll get on and do.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    You have my sympathies CCL. I have a wedge of paperwork to do with the financial part of the separation that is beyond me. Bizarrely there's little space on the form to write the answers, which makes me think it's a computer based proforma that is best completed on a computer so that the answer boxes extend. It is a bit of a tricky situation when you don't want to call because you know the bill will go up. I had a hefty bill at the end of last month despite paying some money on account.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Ahhh sorry to hear that YNAB is being a pain. In my experience they've been really quick to react and turn things around. Although being based in America means there might be a delay.

When it rains it pours.

I really hope your DS feels a bit better soon. It's perhaps a mix of everything that's making him feel that way. Consistently having you there to support him will make sure that he comes through it.

Give yourself some time to get a sleep - you need it!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Hope your Friday has been better at work and you can relax a little this weekend.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm still tired. Woke up during the night and couldn't get back to sleep.
    The happy thing is that ds seems a lot better today - I'm less pleased that he's arranged for his dad to come to the house to see him later. Not sure if I can face that discussion tonight. I'm actually thinking about going to sleep now so I don't feel this rough, or I sleep through him coming. I've said a few times that it's not ideal him coming here, but he still keeps coming back. I don't know if he thinks it's easier, but it's really not for me.
    I've had a full teaching day as well, and it's been another toughie. I can't think of anything other than sleep - so who am I to argue. Sleep is what I'll do...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure