IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Defence due 4pm Monday 20th Aug

Options

Comments

• Trabar
    Trabar Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Are there any regulars who could please critique the rough draft defence above? The real one has to be in by 4pm today. Thanks in advance, for any assistance available.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Trabar wrote: »
    Yes I understand and will post it soon, thanks. I have previously tried to change the thread title but for some reason, it only works after you have clicked on the original thread title, which wont change (if that makes sense).

Thread title updated :)
  • Trabar
    Options
    Thread title updated

Thanks Crabman. Regulars - if you have time, can you please advise me about post 51 (rough draft defence).
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 20 August 2018 at 5:38PM
    Options
    although I never comment on legal points unless there is something obvious to a layman (me) , I will comment on one thing that struck me

if you read the recent defences honed by member BARGEPOLE (check his posts) you will see how he has laid them out , with a header and a footer , those 2 items are the same for ALL defences

so I would edit your defence draft above to include those 2 aspects , so a starter and a finisher using the same words that he used, in the same layout format

ps:- I realise this was after the 4pm deadline but I did warn you that you hadnt done this with enough time to get the required feedback as it should have been posted weeks ago on here, then honed for submission before todays deadline
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You dont have time for a rough draft
    Your lack of planning doesnt make it our emergency, sorry.

I hope you filed something at least. And that youve read post TWO of the newbies thread AND BOOKMARKED IT so you know EXACTLY what the next steps are? So you can actually prepare in plenty of time, and not insult the unpaid volunteers who try their best but, frankly, if smoeone seems ungrateful or argumentative may just bow out
  • Trabar
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    although I never comment on legal points unless there is something obvious to a layman (me) , I will comment on one thing that struck me

if you read the recent defences honed by member BARGEPOLE (check his posts) you will see how he has laid them out , with a header and a footer , those 2 items are the same for ALL defences

so I would edit your defence draft above to include those 2 aspects , so a starter and a finisher using the same words that he used, in the same layout format

ps:- I realise this was after the 4pm deadline but I did warn you that you hadnt done this with enough time to get the required feedback as it should have been posted weeks ago on here, then honed for submission before todays deadline

Thank you. I did edit my draft (I just tried to do it as best I could because there was no further forum-feedback prior to the deadline). Putting the defence together and finding relevant info from keyword searches proved to be very difficult for me personally - which is why I previously asked for help (regarding the searches). Unfortunately i was unable to make use of your header and footer advice.
    You dont have time for a rough draft
    Your lack of planning doesnt make it our emergency, sorry.

I hope you filed something at least. And that youve read post TWO of the newbies thread AND BOOKMARKED IT so you know EXACTLY what the next steps are? So you can actually prepare in plenty of time, and not insult the unpaid volunteers who try their best but, frankly, if smoeone seems ungrateful or argumentative may just bow out

I appreciate that you hoped I managed to get something submitted. I did - but probably not to the required standard. Although I do not like to focus on negatives - I do think your other comments are not an accurate description of my situation and it seems to imply my card is marked. I did work on this for several weeks, including taking a couple of days off work to do it. Unfortunately the period in question clashed with building work being carried out at home. (which didn't go to plan and turned in to nightmare). I work full-time and this has been a busy period due to annual leave of colleagues etc. I'm sure many of us are in the same boat in this respect and I didn't wish to use that factor as an excuse. However, I can be quite slow at assimilating new information and I found it difficult to put the actual defence together - i.e. I didn't want to just copy and paste someone else's effort word for word - because it was not my situation. In addition, some of the advice on the forum is conflicting (i.e. as to what to include or not include). BTW, I did read the newbies section over and over, including the defence links.

I have now had further communication from the court - as the clock is now ticking again, I would like to know whether I should ask for further advice here - or - whether I will not get the advice and need to look elsewhere instead?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    What further communication have you had? Does it tie in with the information you were told you would get when you followed the court claim walk-through in the sticky?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 23 August 2018 at 5:48PM
    Options
    you will definitely get more advice here, as long as the advice you seek is NOT, repeat , NOT listed in that NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread , in post #2

any further communication from the court has advice in threads linked from that post #2 , so your next advice is to look through those links , and ESPECIALLY read the link to the post posted 2 years ago by member BARGEPOLE , where he lists all the steps etc and what to do with them (and in which case had you read those steps you would have known exactly what was coming and what to do with it when it arrived)

anything that IS NOT in that thread or its links can be asked for and hopefully answered

I would also suggest you READ every post made by member BARGEPOLE over the last 2 years, I find them extremely helpful

so if you do ask something that has already been linked or debated in that post #2 , the reply you will get is the same as everyone else gets, which is :-

READ POST #2 OF THE NEWBIES FAQ STICKY THREAD, INCLUDING THE VARIOUS LINKS

I suspect that is what you need to do now that the court have written to you
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have now had further communication from the court -
    Have you? Normally you get nothing yet, until DQ stage later. What communication?

Hopefully not an email response saying it went to the wrong email and hasn't been filed?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hopefully not an email response saying it went to the wrong email and hasn't been filed?

Log into the MCOL account and tell us what is says. It should say the case is now defended. But it takes a minute or two to check. Worthwhile
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure