IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Defence due 4pm Monday 20th Aug

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No.

It's irrelevant.

I could legally drive it with your permission using my own insurance as could anyone who has driving other cars cover
  • Trabar
    Trabar Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Quentin. Is there any advice available for post no. 20? I must be missing something because trying locate a Simon Renshaw Smith / Excel defence for overstay is proving difficult.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 August 2018 at 1:54PM
    Options
    When is your Defence due?

Edited to add:
    Please be aware that by answering that question you will be giving away exactly the same information as asked for in post #17. ;)
  • Trabar
    Options
    Keith thanks for asking.. issue was 16/7.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With a Claim Issue Date of 16th July, and the AoS having been done in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 20th August 2018 to file your Defence.

That is just over one week away. Do not miss this deadline.

When you are happy with the content, the Defence should be filed via email as described here:

1) Print the Defence.
    2) Sign it and date it.
    3) Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    4) Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    5) Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    6) Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not, you son should chase the CCBC until it is.
    7) Wait for the Directions Questionnaire and come back here.
  • Trabar
    Options
    Thanks very much Keith, I will follow instructions once I work out how to do the actual defence. Not having to hand previous paperwork from Excel, e.g. NTD / NTK, is hampering things. I'm seeing other people's defences and wondering whether I could use some of their points but cannot cross reference with previous paperwork to check the relevance.
  • Trabar
    Options
    Can anyone please advise which of these is the most relevant when making reference to pre action protocols?

(1) https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

(2) https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/pdf/protocols/debt-pap.pdf
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The second one but don't get bogged down in that; it doesn't win a case.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Trabar
    Options
    Thanks for confirming that Coupon Mad. If Simon Renshaw-Smith is the Claimant, is it valid to state in my defence that 'The Claimant is currently a member of the IPC' - or - do I need to differentiate between Excel Parking Services and Simon Renshaw-Smith?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Simon is not the Claimant.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure