IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN

Options
123457»

Comments

• DMorris
    Options
    right,I had the same I had a fine yes I did over park by 10 mins my bad, got chatting (bad me) , I sent a letter to the CEO, Dave Lewis, telling him this was a bad mistake as I spend a lot of money in there store and if I have to pay it they will lose my custom and I also mailed highways that I wasn't driving,( I wasn't so), I've had a letter back telling me highways have cancelled the fine, but the CEO told me he would wavier it this time, but they would be watching us for the next year, i'm sorry I will not be watched by a supermarket so today wrote a letter asking under GDPR to use my right to object, chapter 7 Article 21 says it needs to be lawful basis and in the public interest, well a parking ticket is not lawful, and i'm sure the public are not interested :) and they need to show me compelling legitimate grounds for processing this information that over ride my rights, interests and freedoms, now as I was not the driver they really can't hold it, I know I didn't pay the fine and "got off" but it's the principle now, had it been a hospital, doctors surgery, or something like they I wouldn't have thought anymore of it, but i'm sorry Tesco's i'm the customer (well was) and your out of line, so lets see how this goes down
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 June 2018 at 5:22PM
    Options
    Well done for your stance!

They can't hold the data to 'watch' a car that you could have sold or could be driven by others. Unacceptable big brother, disproportionate data processing.

Next time you get one from Highview, please just send the appeal from the NEWBIES thread and they will always cancel.

And:

Do not reply if a poster with less than 1000 posts sends you a private message. People lurk and pop up and post on this forum with a dark agenda.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did not think that Dave Lewis was a predator ??

Tesco really do need to learn some manners, they have
    been pretty ignorant for a long time
  • ljsilver
    ljsilver Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2018 at 10:38AM
    Options
    Hello to one and all,

Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this ...

I'm in the same situation as britishboy, except, in their most recent letter Highview informed me that the time for appeal has expired and they've increased the fine.

I'd like to know if they actually send these to court and whether you guys know of anyone having debt collectors come knocking as a result of parking at Tesco?

I'm aware of the appeal letter you guys recommend sending, but as they're saying my appeal time has expired, I'm wondering if totally ignoring it is a good idea.

Edit: I also have a feeling that I've overstayed the 3hr limit on numerous occasions because my Tesco has a PureGym incorporated into it so I'm there all the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Thorsson
    Thorsson Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    ljsilver wrote: »
    Hello to one and all,

Not sure if I need to start a new thread for this ...

Yes. One thread per case.
  • shncrn
    Options
    Hi, just received a parking fine for Highview Parking at my local Tesco. My partner was driving the car at the times it was supposed to be parked but he was 30 miles away in another town spending time with his dad for his birthday. The 1st picture isn't even a picture of the car parked it's clearly one in which the car is being driven as the car is in the middle of the lane and there's double yellow lines next to it. The only place that this could be is at the roundabout that tesco shares with the other retail outlets on the site. If he'd parked there he'd have been arrested! He's went to Tesco on his way home to pick up some stuff for his lunch the next day and again the picture is taken at what appears to be the roundabout.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, and the NEWBIES thread tells the keeper how to win it, by NOT ticking 'I was the driver' and using the template appeal in the NEWBIES sticky thread.

NO REPLIES HERE - THIS IS AN OLD THREAD ABOUT A DIFFERENT CASE.

You DO NOT need a thread about Highview at first appeal stage, they are so easy to beat. Just do what the NEWBIES thread tells you to do, no need for queries.

Please no questions about which box to tick (covered on far too many threads).

My signature below tells all newbies where to click, 2 clicks and you are there.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure