IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tesco's/Highview Parking PCN

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As Umkomaas says ......
    Dave Lewis of Tesco will have a lot of explaining to do

If it is as we suspect, Tesco will fall in the same category
    as Facebook
  • longwalks1
    longwalks1 Posts: 3,745 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Did the letter come from HV or Tesco?
    1 letter from each, in same envelope
    You need to find out from the DVLA who accessed your data, when and for what purpose. Likely to be HV, but get that in writing from the DVLA first.
    do i just worite to DVLA asking who got a copy of my details, and ask was it either Tesco or HV?
    If the letter has come from Tesco, then it's likely to only be HV who has passed your details to them. If that's the case, there's a potential DPA breach here.
    Is this worthy of a complaint? Or would it just be ignored?

Or are there two letters? 2 letters

Can you let us see a redacted copy of the letters - host on tinypic, imgur, Dropbox or the like, then copy the url into your next post, but change the http to hxxp as newbies can't, at this stage, post live links. We'll do the conversion.

I can try and scan both in tonight at work and upload to those sites, do you mean for me to blank out my personal info?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    I can try and scan both in tonight at work and upload to those sites, do you mean for me to blank out my personal info?

Redact all your personal info please
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Just read the letter from Tesco that came with the PCN and it says she overstayed a month earlier,

How do they know it was the same driver on both occasions?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    OK. Will you write to the DVLA and ask who accessed your data between 01/02/18 (which will cover the first overstay) and say 04/04/18 (to pick up the second overstay).

You can get this information free of charge.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • longwalks1
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Just read the letter from Tesco that came with the PCN and it says she overstayed a month earlier,

How do they know it was the same driver on both occasions?

They dont, sorry i meant to say my car overstayed a month earlier, Ahhh i see do you mean how can they give me a '2nd chance' when it could of been 2 different drivers?
  • longwalks1
    Options
    OK. Will you write to the DVLA and ask who accessed your data between 01/02/18 (which will cover the first overstay) and say 04/04/18 (to pick up the second overstay).

You can get this information free of charge.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/dvla-reverse-position-on-charging-to.html

Yes Ill do that this weekend, should i do that before appealing my PCN? Or as well as? and is there a specific department to write to at DVLA?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    You need to find out from the DVLA who accessed your data, when and for what purpose. Likely to be HV, but get that in writing from the DVLA first.
    do i just worite to DVLA asking who got a copy of my details, and ask was it either Tesco or HV?
    No, don't do an either/or, just ask who accessed your data between the dates I've given above.

It must be done in writing, it used to be by letter, but I'm sure I've read a post somewhere that it can be done via email, maybe someone here might have the appropriate email address?

You will need to put all your identifiers like name, address, dob, vehicle registration mark, driving licence number just to be sure they deal with this without coming back to you for more info.
    If the letter has come from Tesco, then it's likely to only be HV who has passed your details to them. If that's the case, there's a potential DPA breach here.
    Is this worthy of a complaint? Or would it just be ignored?
    Hold your horses, you're trying to run before you're walking. Let's gather evidence, then we can help you tackle what's needed.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Umkomaas
    Options
    britishboy wrote: »
    Yes Ill do that this weekend, should i do that before appealing my PCN? Or as well as? and is there a specific department to write to at DVLA?
    As long as you appeal by the deadline set by HV, there's no major rush. There's potentially a bigger fish to fry in this particular case, so please don't rush at anything just yet.

When is the HV deadline please?

• longwalks1
    Options
    As long as you appeal by the deadline set by HV, there's no major rush. There's potentially a bigger fish to fry in this particular case, so please don't rush at anything just yet.

When is the HV deadline please?

HV letter says 'The payment of £70 is required within 28 days from the date of this notice. We will accept reduced sum of £42 if payment is recieved within 14 days i.e before 18/04/2018. If payment is not recieved within 28 days, an initial debt recovery charge of £40.00 will be incurred
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure