20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    That is great news - well done you! You must be so proud, these things are like gold dust aren't they?

Hope work are supportive.

Have a lovely Sunday. Coffee and a book in the sunshine sounds great to me.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    That is great news - well done you! You must be so proud, these things are like gold dust aren't they?

Hope work are supportive.

Have a lovely Sunday. Coffee and a book in the sunshine sounds great to me.
    Thanks Redo Work will almost def agree 3 months and with annual leave I'll be off for 4 months as a minimum. Asking for an extra 2 months is cheeky but nothing ventured nothing gained ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    It shouldn't be a frog but it was really hard to dump the dangerous TV :( and set up the new one. Done now. Nice to see a whole picture. Nice to use a remote control. Nice not to see or hear sparks. It is a 32" which was is in the first size group. Don't know what I had before but this looks ginormous to me. Being in debt for so long I got used to having dangerous things. If you are in debt don't do that. Prioritise being safe. ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,331 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new TV :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Mrs_Boo_Boo
    Options
    Wow DIA firstly congratulations on your news. Excellent.
    Glad you got the TV sorted out. Such a big deal,but a massive sigh of relief when it's done.
    Read a book once about getting things done and it said when you feel resistance that's the thing to do first!!! Easier said than done.
    Can I ask if you research you change your utility providers regularly and how you do this? Chickened out last year and just changed to a fixed tariff with my existing provider. Stuck in knowing what to do as cheapest MSE Energy Club companies seem to have the worst review. Need to be braver.

Enjoy your non exciting Sunday. These are the best as there's no pressure at all.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow wow wow!

Well done DIA , I hope you get the full 6 months for the sabbatical. It sounds like as though it has come along at a much needed time.

The idea of getting a dog as well is great. Glad to hear the new tv is installed and you are safe again.

Happy Sunday.
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow DIA! I disappear for the weekend and come back to this fantastic news! I remember you being unsure whether to go for this award so i'm so glad it paid off!

What a fantastic opportunity - 3 to 6 months off to focus on you and your own creativity will just be amazing.

I think dogs can be so therapeutic to be around so that'd be a lovely addition to your household :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Homegrown You are right I was hesitant. The application was hand delivered on the last day! and yes a dog would be great. Thanks Cumbria It is funny how perfectly timed this is :) Mrs Boo Boo I agree about resistance. I find mornings work best for me when eating a frog ;)

Today

WFH today and I woke up hungry as I did not eat enough yesterday due to being out all day and too mean/MSE to spend on food outside of them home. I compensated by buying a chicken that I will pot cook today. I said I would cook soup at the weekend and I didn’t. Tempted to do an online shop but I have a car now and an Aldi nearby so I can’t justify it.

I got stuck in traffic yesterday for ages. I must remember to use between 10 and 3 to travel so I don’t waste precious time off work travelling. Either that or walk.

I went to see the dental hygienist. She is both defensive and arrogant. There is another nicer hygienist but she doesn’t do as thorough job. At £55 for 30 minutes I am sticking with the woman who is not nice :) There was a time I could not afford the hygienist, so it feels good to look after my teeth.

I returned the digital radio as the bright blue light disturbed my sleep. Before this journey I would not have returned it. I don’t do ‘it’ll do’ anymore. ;)

Mrs Boo Boo asked about elec/gas providers. I do review them about once a year. I go for no standing charge providers of which there are only a few left but it suits me as I work away for chunks of time

Since I turned the strip light on in the loft I have not heard squirrels. Fingers crossed ;)

Hoping for a low stress day today. We shall see. Have a lovely day everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'd be the same as you! I'd ignore the arrogance for a more efficient and thorough job :)

Will you be on the lookout for a sleep friendly digital radio? I'm pretty sure they exist and have a dim backlight or similar to prevent sleep disturbance. Worth a look?

Get that soup on the stove! I made some lentil soup last night after reading about kindofagilr's leek and potato, so i'll be having that for lunch today and tomorrow. It was a paltry 9 degrees here this morning, so definitely soup weather!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    I'd be the same as you! I'd ignore the arrogance for a more efficient and thorough job :)

Will you be on the lookout for a sleep friendly digital radio? I'm pretty sure they exist and have a dim backlight or similar to prevent sleep disturbance. Worth a look?

Get that soup on the stove! I made some lentil soup last night after reading about kindofagilr's leek and potato, so i'll be having that for lunch today and tomorrow. It was a paltry 9 degrees here this morning, so definitely soup weather!
    Thanks Homegrown :)
    I will be getting a new duller radio for the bedroom.
    Sounds like definite soup weather where you are. Not as cool here but cool enough for soup. I needed to soak lentils so I'll be making soup on Thursday

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills