20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    i've ordered the book and the recipe book too. they should be here tomorrow and i'm going to my GP next wed in advance of starting
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Hello DIA!
    I've found you! It's been a few months but I'm delighted to see you are debt free - absolutely fantastic work and very well deserved. I hope you're enjoying your new life! ;)

I haven't had a chance to read what you've been up to but I will very soon. Just thought I'd pop by and say hello :D

Have a lovely weekend :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i've ordered the book and the recipe book too. they should be here tomorrow and i'm going to my GP next wed in advance of starting
    We can support each other. Hope your GP appointment goes well and well done for seizing the day :)
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    Hello DIA!
    I've found you! It's been a few months but I'm delighted to see you are debt free - absolutely fantastic work and very well deserved. I hope you're enjoying your new life! ;)

I haven't had a chance to read what you've been up to but I will very soon. Just thought I'd pop by and say hello :D

Have a lovely weekend :)

So lovely to have you drop by. I have thought of you lots since becoming debt free. You were such a source of inspiration to me. I have yet to move like you have but I am facing down my fear of getting stuff done on the house. Have a lovely weekend too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I texted another electrician who did not get back to me yesterday :(

I am starting to think of using the very irritating builder who lives on my road. He is a perfectionist. He is rude. I would not have considered using him a few years back but I am (a tiny bit) better with tradesmen now after a few good experiences. I am pretty sure he would do a good job and not overcharge. I might begin by getting him to do some brickwork pointing to test myself as at least that is outside the house and not inside.

If the irritating overbearing builder and I fall out then at least I will be a step closer to moving and I won’t have to see him again anyway :)

Redo you were right my workplace insist on a fit to work cert if returning before the certificate so I am not going back to work until the full 2 weeks have elapsed.

Yesterday I realised I had missed a very important appointment this week. I did not notice until it was too late. I was mortified but no point in beating myself up. Proof if proof were needed that I am overloaded as I just don’t miss appointments. :(

I need to get my act together for Sunday as I am due to visit a relative with my niece.

The rain has just started. Just a shower but oh so lovely after so long :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sometimes better the devil you know :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    Options
    I am such a sucker for a bargain. I saw pink vintage cava made from pinot noir grapes a bargain at MnS for £15 but they were clearing the range for £5 a bottle. They had 5 bottles left and I bought them all. So £25 of my weekly budget gone. I therefore need to economise elsewhere as I have started my new discretionary spending account and I am going to stick with the plan.

I still need petrol and some fruits for my relative who is not in good health.

I have enough eggs to make a week’s worth of breakfasts and I’m fine to have leftovers and/or fruits for lunchtimes so I’m just going to meal plan for suppers

Suppers=

Thai fish curry and cauliflower rice
    Chicken and avocado salad
    Salmon, tahini lentils and green beans
    Grilled fish and vegetables with tahini sauce
    Giant fish fingers and salsa in a buckwheat wrap
    Veggie curry, quinoa and toasted cashews

I’ll probably need fruits and veggies during the week but least the meals are covered. This should help mitigate my cava splurge.;)

I bought deodorant without aluminium, some essential oils for burning and some chocolate with a low amount of sugar. I have spent lots today. Everything is so expensive and I still need petrol and fruits for my relative

I hope you are all enjoying the fresher weather. I am ;)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Options
    The cava was an amazing buy~~enjoy :)

• doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    The cava was an amazing buy~~enjoy :)
    Thanks Beanie I feel less guilty now :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You could use the odd bottle as a present if you wanted. Your suppers sound lovely and healthy. Glad you are going to have the full fortnight off , you will feel better for it.

Enjoy Sunday .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport