20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mm big sponge cake was my reaction too. I'm tempted to make one now.

Just my tuppenny worth but actually the point is that from what you have said, a doctor has signed you as unfit for work, not fit with light duties, or fit when you feel ready. Work shouldn't actually let you go back unless the doctor signs you back on. Take the time, use it wisely. Rest. Meditate. Eat good things (and cake).

cake, cake, cake, cake
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,879 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the migraine DIA, but it may be an indication that you did need the rest. Sometimes things flare up when we are 'off duty' and migraine is well known for being one of them. So carry on looking after yourself :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    So did i!!! Wishful thinking...
    mm big sponge cake was my reaction too. I'm tempted to make one now.

Just my tuppenny worth but actually the point is that from what you have said, a doctor has signed you as unfit for work, not fit with light duties, or fit when you feel ready. Work shouldn't actually let you go back unless the doctor signs you back on. Take the time, use it wisely. Rest. Meditate. Eat good things (and cake).
    cake, cake, cake, cake
    Thanks Homegrown) and Redo I am now thinking of a Victoria sponge too :o
    Sorry to hear about the migraine DIA, but it may be an indication that you did need the rest. Sometimes things flare up when we are 'off duty' and migraine is well known for being one of them. So carry on looking after yourself :)
    Rosa xx
    Thanks Rosa. Migraine has departed but yes I will continue to look after myself :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better today.

I really think you need to take a reasonable amount of time off work rather than go back too soon and have to be off again, which they wouldn't appreciate, and would only add to your stress. Given that you've been there 10 years without any 'sick' time off it shouldn't be a problem. X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better today.

I really think you need to take a reasonable amount of time off work rather than go back too soon and have to be off again, which they wouldn't appreciate, and would only add to your stress. Given that you've been there 10 years without any 'sick' time off it shouldn't be a problem. X
    I am feeling better than I was thanks Chrystal :)
    I agree (although I have been sick, just never more than a a day or two so never requiring a certificate med cert) I am going to take the full time so I avoid being off again. :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I had the Swedish store appointment. Now I need to wait for the installers to call to arrange a visit. I’ve been told they are busy so it may be a few weeks! Perhaps the kitchen being fitted by Christmas is more realistic than the Autumn…

I drove to a few places that were out of my comfort zone yesterday and I went the wrong way. Today I went back and it was easier and I went the right way and it was less stressful than yesterday.

Instead of moaning about the electrician I asked for help from a fellow diarist on here.

I returned something I did not like at the Swedish store and got a refund.

I am ordering The Blood Sugar Diet because there was a discussion about it on INODs diary. Does anyone recall the name of the housekeeping book there was talk of on diaries a while back? I think it had the name lemons in the title (although I may have imagined that bit) The house is a mess again and Flylady is not for me.

Right off to relax and destress. Tired. The mess in the house can be tomorrows task...

I hope you are all arriving at the midweek hump in fine fettle :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Was it this bowl full of lemons one?

I like this and this (which parsniphead mentioned)

Actually I like reading theory and not actually doing :o
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Was it this bowl full of lemons one?

I like this and this (which parsniphead mentioned)
    Actually I like reading theory and not actually doing :o
    Thanks Redo. The second link has loads of podcasts on the subject that I can listen to whilst washing dishes so I will do that instead of buying a book. Thank you.;)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am starting with gratitude, so, I am so lucky I am not commuting in the heat this week, I really am. :)

Acting in my own best interests
    —When I return to work I am going to use my leave to have a 4 day week for August to relieve my stress levels.
    —I am going to restart my sun salutations. I did them years ago and stopped but they are a good way to begin my day.
    —I am adding mediation into my life. I am a light weight so 3 X5 minute sessions are what I have in mind starting today (thank you Redo for the reminder)

Done
    Wash up/pack away X1
    Unpack and put away bag
    Recycling and rubbish out of kitchen
    5 minute mediation

I don’t like closed doors. I like to be able to move from room to room without opening and closing doors. Fair enough, but I use bags and shoes etc to keep door open and they don’t do it properly so I am always tripping over stuff. Door wedges don’t work as the doors are heavy and slowly open again. The only door that is okay is my bedroom as I have an item purchased years ago. Thought it was expensive at the time but it does the job beautifully. I found the company online as they no longer retail and ordered another two so the downstairs can be kept clear of junk and the doors will stay open. This has only taken me 5 years to work out.

The room I am concentrating on today is the toilet. I bought a plant for £2.50 in the Swedish store to go in there when I have finished cleaning.

I ordered the 8 week blood sugar diet after something Verbatim posted. It should be here by the weekend. I am looking forward to starting better eating habits. I already eat very well but too much generally and sugar sends me into an overeating spiral. I come from a long line of diabetics so it is important for me to get this under control if I can

To do
    Clean toilet and room
    Find yoga poster to get laminated
    Clear hallway and stairs of all objects
    Read 2 chapters

Have a good day everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Dot.007
    Dot.007 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    how is it going :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing