20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Baby steps :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I am feeling stronger than I did yesterday, so clearly on the way to recovery.

I am also feeling very pleased with myself. ;)

I woke up, loaded the car with garden waste from 2018 and old rubble and bricks and a chair and old blinds and a huge butler sink and other bits of junk. I set the sat nav (How much do I love the sat nav now?) Then I drove to the recycling centre and dumped the lot.

That said, I only have 1 dining chair left so maybe I've overdone it there :)

The upside is I ‘rescued’ two large terracotta pots that will look delightful with Spring flowers. So, that is a project waiting to happen.

I am making a chicken, chorizo and butterbean stew today.

I am starting the batter for Ethiopian flatbreads made of teff. The batter needs to ferment so will be ready in a few days. I’ve never made them before.

Other than that I will be continuing to clean and organise and drink cups of tea.

Happy Sunday everyone
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Good to hear that you are up and about and making things better for you.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better at last, it's horrible feeling ill :(. Pace yourself so that you don't overdo it.

Good news on the weight loss even it was caused by the bug. Well done on the decluttering too :).

I hope you manage to get some creative work done this coming week.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good to hear that you are up and about and making things better for you.
    I'm glad you're feeling better at last, it's horrible feeling ill :(. Pace yourself so that you don't overdo it.

Good news on the weight loss even it was caused by the bug. Well done on the decluttering too :).

I hope you manage to get some creative work done this coming week.
    Thank you both.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    The best news is today I spent hours on my creative project. I feel so good about that. Tomorrow I will do the same.

This evening I turned my decluttering attention to my freezer. I threw away food that I did not like. I hate food waste but storing it is pointless when I know I will not eat it.

I am on top of the washing up too. ;)

Today was lovely and sunny. I was wearing wool, so improperly dressed. I was hot in February! This year I will be buying a standing fan as it is obvious to me our weather is becoming hotter.

It is nice that I can have the heating turned off in February.

I was tempted to buy wine today. I even picked up a bottle, but I put it back. I bought flowers for £2 instead to cheer me up. :money:

I am over budget, but I am not too worried as I will be on retreat in a few weeks where all my needs will be catered for so I am guaranteed reduced shopping costs and lots of NSDs for March so I should get straight by the end of March. :money:

I need to get back with the programme, so tomorrow I will be identifying a frog or two to eat.

Enjoy your evening.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,652 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am doing the catching up thing money wise too in March.
    We can do it together.
    Also agree on the fab savings on evergy in FEb :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    hope that's a high protein low carb frog
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    hope that's a high protein low carb frog
    Oh yes :D

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I am doing the catching up thing money wise too in March.
    We can do it together.
    Also agree on the fab savings on evergy in FEb :j :j
    Great idea re catching up together in March :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills