Forum updates

Options

Comments

• jsinc
    jsinc Posts: 306 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Don't know if it's related, but my login has failed & had to reset password twice today. A little frustrating.
  • marialionza
    marialionza Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Once all your changes are done. Will you put us through the blue version so we "have " to get green again or will I find myself on the screen of my choice?
    ( I can see another reason why I won't have enough sleep this bank hols, I'm already sweating)
    Being the latter would you please, please, please give step by step help ?
    Thanks for always safeguarding our security, even if I don't get very grateful during changes.
    Thanks to those who help us to win !
    <3
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hey, I'm special, I'm one of the 1,000! Of course most of you out there won't know what the old, old green is like, because in an effort to force people to change the powers that be stopped newer users selecting it but I'm actually surprised that there are so many hold outs considering the subtle pressure that was brought to bear at the time of the first change.

I understand how maintaining multiple skins can be a burden to a forum (though not how getting a cert and putting it behind https would be - it takes seconds to do and would "just happen" when changing the main site) and I'll be sorry to see it go as it will probably mean I'll be much less likely to visit.

I hate the "new looks" with a vengeance - and I did try them - not because of a colour, migraines aside, I don't care what colour the layout is. It is because of the loss of functionality and the general infantilisation of the new skins. In the old skin I can see more than 3 threads on each screen, I have more information and less blinding white space, my screen is filled to the margins, I don't have childish round avatars and I don't have things like the first post taking up vital real estate at the top of each page. It may not be "a trendy look" but it works, and it works a lot better than the "new" look(s).

I highlight this, not because I don't want to lose the skin I use (though I don't) but because it is important to note that the colour is the least significant part of the older skins and I have visions on MSE saying "oh, so you all like green, do you? Well to satisfy you all we've changed the current skin to be green instead of blue." As if that would make a difference, it is the functionality that needs to be retained. So please, MSE: note that for most the liking of "green" is only easy identifier of a skin not a request in itself.

SP

Absolutely understood. We know those that love the green love it because of the functionality, not just the colour. :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Once all your changes are done. Will you put us through the blue version so we "have " to get green again or will I find myself on the screen of my choice?
    ( I can see another reason why I won't have enough sleep this bank hols, I'm already sweating)
    Being the latter would you please, please, please give step by step help ?
    Thanks for always safeguarding our security, even if I don't get very grateful during changes.

Hi mariolionza! No worries :cool:

You should be straight onto the green without having to do anything yourself. If that doesn't happen let us know.

Join the MSE Forum
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Please, may I suggest that you force users to read this notice and acknowledge it (once) when they access the site? (Once acknowledged have it set to not reappear.)

After the last update, I was surprised by the number of posters who complained that they no longer remembered their original email address - or did have that address any longer - and therefore could not post on the Boards.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Green for me - the blue is sickly and hard to read.
  • rockchick113
    Options
    Another one for the green. :j
    Jane x
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi, we have several versions of the forum that members are on at the moment. We're reducing that down to two.

Forum members who joined after April 2012 are on the blue version. Anyone who joined before April 2012 will be on the last version of the green (which we're no longer developing) with the ability to switch backwards and forwards between the blue and green.

Hang on Andrea. I joined in 2014, but I went back to the latest green thread when the blue one came in, and am still on it.

Please, please, please don't tell me that I will be forced to use the blue format, please, please! :eek:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Hang on Andrea. I joined in 2014, but I went back to the latest green thread when the blue one came in, and am still on it.

Please, please, please don't tell me that I will be forced to use the blue format, please, please! :eek:

I'm sorry, that should have said April 2015, not 2012. I've changed it. Panic over :eek:

Join the MSE Forum
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    PipneyJane wrote: »
    Please, may I suggest that you force users to read this notice and acknowledge it (once) when they access the site? (Once acknowledged have it set to not reappear.)

After the last update, I was surprised by the number of posters who complained that they no longer remembered their original email address - or did have that address any longer - and therefore could not post on the Boards.

Hi, these updates shouldn't affect anyone being able to log in. If they do let us know by emailing forumteam@.

Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories