Can we stop employees from having direct contact?

Options

Comments

• undercoverirish
    Options
    I think my problem is I’m too much of a people person! I get on with the team far too well it would seem.

I’ll make sure and deal with this properly
  • Magnolia
    Magnolia Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still unsure what is happening to the 'Lad' who came to you and lied through his back teeth to save his own !!!?

To me - he is the one who should be hung out to dry - he caused all this mess in the first place!
    Mags - who loves shopping
  • undercoverirish
    Options
    The HR company said to do the grievance and then re-visit that so. I’ve sent a letter to the lady in question inviting her to a grievance meeting and sent it via email. I’ve given her the option of 2 days this week or one next, trying to be accommodating.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The HR company said to do the grievance and then re-visit that so. I’ve sent a letter to the lady in question inviting her to a grievance meeting and sent it via email. I’ve given her the option of 2 days this week or one next, trying to be accommodating.
    Because 3pm today is inconvenient?

Why not ask her when it suits??
  • undercoverirish
    Options
    I want to make sure I have plenty of time to spend with her so I’ve offered when I don’t have any other appointments for a few hours. Come on, I’ve given her 3 choices so I’m being accommodating
  • Comms69
    Options
    I want to make sure I have plenty of time to spend with her so I’ve offered when I don’t have any other appointments for a few hours. Come on, I’ve given her 3 choices so I’m being accommodating

What the absolute....

1: You have other appointments? She's going to sue you for thousands and you're bothered about your appointments??
    2: You've given her three choices, not simply asked here when would be convenient? Seriously. "Hi X, I'm really keen to resolve your grievance, what's your schedule like this week?" - is that so difficult?
    3: why a few hours, why not 10 minutes? Why does her grievance need a few hours, how long did you spend with the bloke?

Are you still not getting this? YOU ARE TREATING HER DIFFERENTLY, STOP IT!
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Was not racism at all. I was merely trying to grasp how anyone under the age of 80 can be so out of touch with reality unless they belong to a culture which sometimes displays an antiquated attitude towards women.

You've never met a white man with an appalling attitude towards women then?

I personally know many white British males who are far worse than anything I see in the OP, even if he is genuine.
  • undercoverirish
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve made sure she has my time - I haven!!!8217;t told her we!!!8217;re going to speak for a few hours but I wanted to make sure she feels like she has my attention because she has .

Jesus I!!!8217;m trying to do the right thing here. Damned if you do and damned if you don!!!8217;t.

She!!!8217;s replied anyway, we!!!8217;re speaking tomorrow at 2
  • Comms69
    Options
    I!!!8217;ve made sure she has my time - I haven!!!8217;t told her we!!!8217;re going to speak for a few hours but I wanted to make sure she feels like she has my attention because she has .

Jesus I!!!8217;m trying to do the right thing here. Damned if you do and damned if you don!!!8217;t.

She!!!8217;s replied anyway, we!!!8217;re speaking tomorrow at 2

No, you don't get it.

Now you're treating her with kid gloves, what if one of the blokes complains that you have treated her favourably....

Why cant you just treat everyone the same? Why is that so difficult?!
  • undercoverirish
    Options
    I thought I was doing the right thing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills