Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great news on the figures :T

I've done parkrun a couple of times and not only am I a huge introvert I am hugely overweight and unfit. I got nothing but support and encouragement. It's a really nice atmosphere.

Have a good day :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi lovely peeps

All good with me apart from a cold which is properly hanging around. I may have to take it easy today and try and get shot of it. Not sure how. Already upping my Vitamin C intake and eating loads of food...

Money all sorted and have £240 in the account until 9th. Tight but should in theory be doable. Amazing motivation to get below the £10k and feel like the first 3 months are the hardest..but that we are into the swing of this now. The problem in the summer will be not going overboard on holidays and then coming back to a CC bill that needs to be paid off in September.

The spreadsheet is definitely helping, focusses the mind when ones resolve starts to weaken. I’d definitely recommend that, as is paying yourself first and having an EF. If I get a chance will update the signature too later.

Hope everyone has a good day

Brizzle x
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,780 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like a plan. My DD1 ran the marathon on Sunday, on very little training. She's just about human today.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 4 May 2019 at 11:28AM
    Options
    Wow L, that's amazing. How you do it on little training (let alone lots) I simply can't comprehend.

Cold hanging around and I don't feel great. Boo. But mind over matter.. just painted my toenails..surely that will help ; :rotfl:

Went out for a lovely meal with OH yesterday to celebrate a lot of years together.. somewhere we haven't visited before but can see why its so popular, excellent food wine and service and all the more lovely from coming from our Splurge account rather than being put on a CC. Very special and walked there and back to make it even longer..23,000 steps yesterday. Almost a record for me.

So..scores on the doors before I update the signature etc. Decluttering and NSDs are the usual calamity. Rubbish and not many LSDs I guess, although to be honest I don't track them enough so maybe I am missing some? But generally we spent 75% of our income..putting 25% to savings and investments and of course debt.. thats way off 40% I know but we did have the vehicle service, insurance and repairs (what a month!), a cycle scheme payment and some holidays which all built into the 75%. I am happy that we are keeping ahead, but I do want May to see us back at the 60% mark.

Family Fun, Grocieres and Household categories all ballooned too - thats some eating out (we do however have a GCSE student in the house to keep motivated with burgers!) and we did have a organic meat box delivered. It all mounts up. We also brought food for quite a bit of entertaining.

What I am really taking away from the YNAB report for May tho is that by far and away our biggest 'payee' last month was the credit card which had the biggest total on it, and we are really working on demolishing to zero. We pay all the TTs across to that - so thats most days - and big chunks (as you all know) when we each get paid. But its great to see in black and white the amounts we are paying across. It was more than twice our mortgage for example. Its a big sum. (Lets not get into why its there in the first place...I am trying to change...!!)

What else..looking foward to the long weekend and a catch up with my dear sister at the end of the week too. Much to be grateful for. Will also try and start some household jobs and enjoy our garden. Have just posted some Bay sales and will re-list others. Small and grounding things this week I think.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and thanks, as always, for stopping by and reading or checking in. I know I couldn't do this and wouldn't do this without your support

Brizzle xxx
  • jwil
    Options
    Have a good weekend Brizzle
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    You too jwil. You booting this weekend? X
  • jwil
    Options
    You too jwil. You booting this weekend? X

Did one Saturday, but not a great amount gone. Had a weekend off other than a quick look around one this morning on the way out :)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    CC going down nicely then brizzle!

Have a good weekend and enjoy your time with your sister.
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks all.. more items sold so a few more quid towards the national debt.

Looking forward to the weekend :) although GCSEs start in earnest for DD2 next week so may be in top support mode. Baking cakes is always a good start I think!

Brizzle x
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Glad you could restrain yourself jwil ;) :rotfl: Miserable weather here, can’t see it being good selling weather if this keep up.

Hope alls good with you SSG, thanks for popping by x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure