Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Options

Comments

• brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Many thanks NOA for popping by!! How’s it going? How are you? In good form I hope.

Have a great week

Brizzle xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,386 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the accounts.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Plodding along and all OK Brizzle - knee deep in exams too - DS/A Levels. Half term this week so came up for some air ;) x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 30 May 2019 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Thanks beanie - a big relief.

Yes it’s fairly gruesome. She is just heading to bed before going into school for more intervention.. have to say the staff have been so committed. I hope it all works out for all of them.

Had a busy day doing domestic stuff. Long overdue. Currently both bathrooms out of action due to leaks/sealants/grouting issues.. OH has kept his cool but it’s been a close run thing. 2 loads of washing down and the broody hen has stopped being broody...thank goodness :) We also got out to an exercise class together which was fun and DD2 cooked for dinner for us all which as usual we ate in the garden. Rather blissful in the end...

We have an unexpected sale of £200 which has pepped up the current account a lot which was very handy. In the nick of time in fact!!

Thanks for popping by all

Brizzle xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on the sale :j :j xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the sale :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Brizzle,

Just catching up a little on your new diary 😃 I hope you are well.

I have DD1 doing GCSEs at the moment too.....she’s pretty relaxed and hasn’t had any she felt were disastrous which is good. 8 left to go.....can’t believe she’ll be finished with school then!

OF x
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's good news re the sale and a nice boost to coffers :)

Fingers crossed all goes well for DD's exams, sounds like she's worked hard so it should pay off.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 30 May 2019 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Ooh lots of lovely visitors. Thanks everyone :D

OF!!!! Hello!!! How are you? Been ages since we caught up. Hope you are doing well. We were down your way last Autumn and I thought of you..

I think it’s the same for DD2. Physics was hard she says but the rest have seemed fair. But it’s so hard to judge. As you say SA she has worked so hopefully it will come through for her. OH is currently doing Maths with her and a friend. Going through some topics they find hard. She had an evening off last night but other than that is proving to be pretty on message. She knows that as she finds it hard she has to work harder than some others/her friends or peers do.

I am going to be intrigued by the scores on the doors when I take a look this weekend. I think we will be way off 40%, just a feeling, I think we have had too many treats....after 5 months of pretty ‘bare’ living I think we are breaking out a bit. But the big CCs are coming down. One will be gone over the summer which is excellent news. I am also promised the FL money ‘soon’.... we shall see!!

We also found out what DD1 will pay for her uni digs. It’s a lot ( unfortunately her chosen uni is in SE England so not very :money:) but luckily she has also been sensible and frugal and it’s a shared bathroom to keep costs down. First instalment, which we will pay, is already in YNAB.

Planning to take DD2 and a friend out for burgers as as treat later, a boost to keep them ploughing on. They are rather pleased which is nice. The weather here has picked up too. Not before time as it’s been far too cold this week for my liking and for late May! My tomato plants need sun!!!

Have a good day all

Brizzle xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    YOu are an awesome mum xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback