We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Ongoing Journey to being a Frugalista..

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the runs :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks jwil :kiss:

Did the 8k and decluttered 10 books. So not 20 but not nothing. Big money shuffle planned later this week....can’t wait!
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    So...all good and another big money shuffle has begun :T the sums will take a while to register but will be back later to update. Think one card which had a mahoosive balance will go below £10k so that’s great. The savings pots and EF have already been topped up. OH a bit sad that the current account is so low within minutes of my (or him) being paid but every pound has its job and right now it’s all earmarked for debt and investment work... we are going long on this one....we have key milestones in September, December and then April 2020 and I don’t want to miss them..

Quieter day work wise I think today after a frantic few days. Much needed. I may even try and cram in a run over lunchtime.

Have a great day all x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,687 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done on the runs :) Fab that you'll be free of debt by April it'll soon come around and it's good to have the mini milestones in place to make it less daunting.

Enjoy your day :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hey Brizzle what a great feeling having sent money to those various pots/ cards etc... I used to be very much the money needed to be in my account for as long as possible in a month, but one day realised that just meant I spent it as I thought I had more than I did. So I always do my big money shuffle on payday and what's left is our to spend, even when sometimes it's not a lot :o but at least we know where we are.

I also have a spreadsheet that has all my accounts on so I can see a total figure of all our savings (reminds me I must add s&s isa and money bond on there too) how did I miss that :rotfl: which I just love see going up.

No run since Saturday as Not been on top form with a cough and don't want to make it worse. Hoping to get to park run on Saturday- have you been?
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 26 April 2019 at 6:30PM
    Options
    Yay :T well below £10k so I will take that :D

It will be yet another super scrimpy month though with crazy low current account totals. But hey ho, it’s for a good cause.

Have a great day all

X
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Only 12 months - how fantastic! - let the countdown begin! :T x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks all for popping by.

Still upbeat but very much looking forward to the weekend. Its been a busy week.

No PF I haven't done a park run - probably should to be honest. Do you like them? I am less sociable and tend to just run a circuit near my house which I just extend if I need to run for longer. Its boring in some ways but it has a monster hill so that is always a virtuous feeling when you get to the top :rotfl:

I am in love with my spreadsheet..jus' sayin'

Thanks greent and SA...its a great step forward. And yes to mini milestones...they are essential in fact:D

Mixed weather here today but snug at home. Off to friends for dinner the evening which will be nice. And very :money: Have a good evening all xx
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you've had a good evening. I've only done PR a handful of times and I'm a huge introvert :o so thought long and hard before going (several months :o) but it's really good and just nice for a change, if you've got one near then I would definitely recommend giving it a whirl.

Like you, I have a circuit I can just extend (or not) from home which I normally stick too. Well done on the hill :eek: have a great weekend :D
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi brizzle - just checking in! Those twelve months will whizz by and it won't be long till we're all congratulating you on being debt free! Keep up the momentum!:j

Well done as well on the 8k!

Have a super weekend!
    x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate