First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the accounts and 32% :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doing brilliantly as always Brizzle. Hope the new job is going well.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 November 2018 at 5:20PM
    Options
    Thanks all.

Relieved to have got to Friday. Quite a week. Lots of juggling but did 1.5hrs of cycling to get to meetings and to other stuff yesterday which was hard work but has to be good for me. Pleased about that. And looking at the Friday afternoon traffic was the best call.

Girls here there and everywhere this weekend. So some lift provision but will try and keep it containable and also pop to the cinema if we can. haven't been for ages so keen to go.

Have taken the decision to take the ILs and parents out for Xmas lunch....makes it nice and easy for us...there will be plenty of other opportunities during their stay to be sweating in the kitchen and the restaurant that will host us is magic. It’ll be great. We had a meal there in the week with friends and it was lush. I will now cancel the turkey order and start to plan the rest.

So.plan for the day..

- declutter 15 items {decluttered 5 - magazines to take to my friend - so recycling really)
    - meal plan for next week [done]
    - make an OP to the holiday CC (done) - my plan of paying off a transaction every day (using YNAB entries as my guide) is working well in bringing down the residual amount so that December is not a big hit. Been doing this since we came back on 4th. Will try and pay a restaurant bill today and maybe another tomorrow rather than the little ones as cash flow is Ok at the moment and I hope I am in the payroll run this month without emergency tax. Fingers crossed
    - make sure DD2 does plenty of homework and revision despite having friends over [done, she partied hard too but all done]
    - reconcile YNAB (done)
    - do some housework.badly needed!! (hoovered, laundry, cleaned bathroom - that'll do)

Have a great weekend all x
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Great to hear things are ticking along nicely.

Christmas lunch out sounds like a good idea, something I would like to do one year.

Enjoy your weekend.x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks PWPS..it'll be the first time I have actually carried this plan out..been tempted but never done it and in fact often we are away at Christmas skiing etc so see them all before, often early December. Not sure it will be the last time tho if it works :) the restaurant has said canap!s at 2 and lunch at 3...I am looking forward to it already :)

Have a great weekend beanie..any plans? :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Been chanting today :)

Gearing up for DS's Masters graduation this coming week!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Having Xmas lunch out will be a nice change - as you have posted before, you know the restaurant and that the food will be good. We have done this a couple of times over the years - does make for a less stressful day.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Xmas lunch out sounds great!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    edited 24 November 2018 at 4:57PM
    Options
    It was a good weekend. Here's hoping that this one is just as good.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback