First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good if busy week Brizzle! Great news about cheaper accountant :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Just catching up
    congratulations on your new job :T:T and DD1s too :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey Brizzle,
    Just a a quick look and as ususal things move at a pace and I can't keep up!
    Sound s like congrats are in order for a new job both for you and DD:T:T
    Not sure what Barefoot Investor is so will need to look up.....
    or FIRE.........
    And if I delve back further am sure there will be others.....

Anyway - glad to see life is good and on the road to being less frantic :)
    NOA
    x
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 October 2018 at 6:42PM
    Options
    Thanks all, thanks for popping by :)

I too am looking to a less frantic life...although as someone tartly pointed out ;) they have had this promise before :rotfl: but the way things are going its right to bail. they have had their chance and folks move on...

DD1 is in a good space. Bored but its an office job and for a good cause. Regular hours and has time for friends, babysitting and volunteering. Life could be much much worse. She knows that. OH is getting stressed. Time for him to have a frank conversation at work I think.

Off next week so assuming have wifi (off for a few days, proper break before the new job starts) will try and catch up properly. Have sorted YNAB but the overspending on certain categories eg. Family Fun :rotfl: is still ever present. Eating out bill is much much smaller now these days. so some improvements and looking forward to using the slow cooker more and going to class/for a run. The alarm going at 5 something will also not be missed. OK I will have travel but not on the current gruelling basis. Very hard to know what the salary will be, particularly given emergency tax, but its for the bexst. My future life will thank me :D

Talking of next lives..pleased to see Tanja Hester (FIRE blogger) is publishing a book..I like her writing in her blog, and the idea behind it looks practical. Think will pre-order - due out next Spring.

Anyhow, best push off now and do some packing. Pooped :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Your future will indeed thank you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good break xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks all. It’s good here and we have had a lovely restorative day with friends xxx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,417 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yah for a restorative day with friends xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzlegirl
    Options
    Thanks Beanie. Hope you’re having a good day too. Did some sight seeing this morning and now back as DD2 has exams after the break. She needs to revise. She is not liking the pressure at all :( She’s not hugely happy with some school subjects so makes it all the more miserable for her :(. OH is being an absolute star, patience personified, taking her through all the stuff she struggles with..mirror of me in many ways.

Planning to do some financial stuff tomorrow...all ready for the new job and a new month :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Not a bad time to be getting out of contracting, with IR35 changes! :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure