The long haul supporters thread...

Options

Comments

• MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    I take your point over the 40 thing. I don't think those approaching this milestone need constant reminders:rotfl: .

Yes the smaller figure thing would be more inclusive. Some have big debts compared to their income, but may not run into many thousands. The accumulative paid off figure each month could be calculated and posted. It shouldn't then go up with new members, as it isn't a total debt outstanding figure. The only time it would go up is if lots of people run up more debts instead of paying them off!:eek:

Anyone any more ideas? Iwould be happy to be pm'd the monthly debts payments and add them up unless one of the original posters wants to do it?
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • Donedoingdebt
    Options
    Definately not! I'm a good girl I am!!:rotfl: :rotfl:
    And a Cardiff girl too like!
    Donedoingdebt Lightbulb moment January 2000. Debt at highest approx £102,000. Debt now (October 2009 - absolutely fork all!!!):beer:
    CSA case closed on 02/09/10 :beer::beer:
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I personally dont mind how its done. I like the idea of milestones whether it be 100, 200 or 1000 as its added incentive.

Im easy - ill go with the majority! x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • Donedoingdebt
    Options
    lennymfo wrote: »
    I don't care about the money, I'm here until the internet is superseded by holodecks!
    Make it so number 16!
    Donedoingdebt Lightbulb moment January 2000. Debt at highest approx £102,000. Debt now (October 2009 - absolutely fork all!!!):beer:
    CSA case closed on 02/09/10 :beer::beer:
  • millionaire_in_training
    Options
    I'm beginning to feel like a cheat to be honest. The only debts I am counting as wanting gone are my cc debts. I have a car loan of over £7k and a secured loan of £20k BUT rightly or wrongly I dont really count that as debt as I need my car and house and imagine I will always be paying a car and my house. So I hope no-one minds if I only count my CC debt as I will consider myself as debt free without them although technically I wont be.
    If people are looking for milestones why dont we go for percentages. We could count down from 100% to 0%. Just another idea for the melting pot. xx
    5 Year plan. April 2020 to June 2025- CC and mortgage free by time I'm 60
    Currently CC £23,674.36 /£14,895.41/£14315.42
    Mortgage £28,214.65/ £26,254.71/ £25,746.43
    By end 2020 I want CC at £ 19,000.00.
    By end 2021 I want CC at £10,000.00
  • Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    wok_boy wrote: »
    I've cheated though and gone BR, if I hadn't probably would have had a DFD of 2020 :D

Ours was 2028 when I first did the snowball calculator. :eek:

Very flippin' scary stuff! _pale_ :(

It's 2009 now though which is lo-o-o-o-o-ong but I can live with it.

Love Jacks xxx :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Options
    Can I join as well please? I'll make the tea......................

:wave: Absolutely cherub! I love it when someone offers to make me a cuppa. :coffee:

Actually, this one's going cold now so since you're offering... :D

Milk, no sugar - and since you've been so lovely you can share my Garabaldis! :rotfl:

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • Jacks_xxx
    Options
    spud30 wrote: »
    I'll be 40 in June 2009 too Jacks - shall we have a joint party :beer:

:wave: Awww deffo Spud!!!! :j

It's got to be a good excuse for a meet up at the very least, huh?
    :j :dance: _party_ _party_ :T :beer: Partaaaaaaaaaay!:beer: :T _party_ _party_ :dance: :j

• yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Blimey Jacks you are up late. Not usually much activity this time of the morning.

ym
  • Jacks_xxx
    Options
    Blimey Jacks you are up late. Not usually much activity this time of the morning.

ym

:wave: I shouldn't be up either YM.

I've been out dancing at Student night. :dance:

And nowthat I'm home I'm having to type really slowly and carefully in the hope that I don't look like a drunken loon in the morning! :o

I've even put my specs on so I can see the typos properly. :D

Happy days. :rotfl:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure