The long haul supporters thread...

Options

Comments

• Jacks_xxx
    Jacks_xxx Posts: 3,874 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Oh, [EMAIL="I@m"]I'm[/EMAIL] definitely in it for the long haul!

Debt Free Day is currently scheduled for Dec 2009, but obviously we're working on that. :rolleyes:

However, I am paddling pretty hard beneath the calm surface of the pond just to keep up with our current punishing debt repayment schedule so the possibility of the DFD getting farther away rather than nearer is a distinct possibility. :eek: :(

50% of our income every month is hard. Especially when we've been used to spending every penny that we earned and plenty more besides! :o

I will be 40 :eek: in June 2009 and it would be lovely to be able to be on the straight and narrow by then, cos I want to have a great big fabulous boozy party and not feel even one tiny bit guilty about it! :D

Love Jacks xxx :D
    Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. Einstein
  • yellowmonkey
    Options
    Hi

My debt stands at just under £27K. Was a bit more so its coming down slowly :T

ym
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Definately not! I'm a good girl I am!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

spud30 wrote: »
    Erm, is there something you want to tell us Fishy ;)
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning guys! I will get numbers sorted during the day x
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    Morning pepys...just popped in to do pigsback but alas only crossword there! Good to see so many joiners! I wonder whether the first post can be made into the one where hypno as put names & numbers in? Mods? Anyone? Anyway, here we are atthe stat of another debt free wannabee week and I actually feel ok as I got paid on Fridai & will sort bills tonight so will be able o update sigs. Last week was awful so pleased to be shot of it! Onwards & upwards! Have a good day all!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Jumps
    Jumps Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Can I join in too. I am here for the long haul. My DFD in 2020:eek: . Can I have a number?
    Debt Oct 2006 £42,215.21 at highest. Debt Today £0.00
  • cat4772
    cat4772 Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Options
    The detb stands high at over £75,000. Currently when When DH loan is paid off, I'll throw more money at DH's visa which should be cleared in January 2011. I am throwing more money at it (half of DH's overtime goes to pay off his visa) and when his credit rating is a bit better (i.e. six month of regular / on time payments, I'll look at BTing to a 0% deal). At the moment his credit is shot and mine isn't exactly brilliant!

Cat.x
    DFW Nerd Club #545 Dealing With Our Debt
    :onever attribute anything to malice which can be adequately explained by stupidity, [paranoia or ignorance] - ZTD&[cat]
    :othe thing about unwritten laws is that everyone has to agree to them before they can work - *louise*

March GC £113.53 / £325
  • Pollydaydream
    Options
    Finally facing up to the fact that this is not just a bad dream and I'm in this for the long haul. How many lightbulb moments can one woman have!

Can I have a number please? :)

Polly
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    hi all

Not sure if I qualify - but in for what I consider to be the long haul! Have a feeling life events *may* hamper a quicker DFD but here's hoping!

Sea xxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    oooh just worked out DFD - including the current charges, interest etc but averaging it at losing that eventually and averaging it all out (I know what I mean!!) and it's now at April 2014. It will come closer shortly so will, for sake of now, guestimate (will be able to update in about 3 weeks properly!) at about June 2011. But honestly, I'm not sure until I speak to CCCS next Monday!

Sea xxx

oh dear - this is a ramble - sorry!
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts