The long haul supporters thread...

Options

Comments

• In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    _party_ _party_ _party_ well there isnt a smily with fireworks and bangers (aside from Lenny but we wont get started on that:rotfl: :rotfl: )...what I really fancyis one with me doing cartwheels! See below for sig & note oh longhauers that I am now uder £30,000!!! This means that I have paid £8052 off since LBM which is £447 per month as an average which bearing in mind I dont actually HAVE that money is not too bad! Although having said that I could have done ALOT better so the next chunk will be much better than that! Plus I got some money from my granny's estate so it should be MUCH better than it was! Regardless, I'm really chuffed to be under £30,000! Have been slightly conservative & transferred some into savings this month so that I have a cushion rather than pay the full amount to CC's. While it will mean I have slightly more interest to pay it also means that I have an emergency fund for things like unexpected car bills etc...part of my problem is that I panic & use the CC which gets to be a viscious circle! Anyway, just wanted to share the good news!
    Thanks for sorting the numbers hypno, you lil star you!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    Can I join please? Think I probably have the largest debt so far at around £80,000 and our DFW date is November 2011 I think. Need to check my figures, I have lost track a bit. :o

We need some kind of "milestone rewards" list to help us break down the scary sums into more manageable chunks. Any suggestions? perhaps some smut from Lenny :D

I am in similar circs with the time of life thing, same age as Jacks and Fishface. So not looking forward to being in debt when I am forty in August 2009, fat and forty sounds horrific too!!!:mad:

I am aiming high, when I have finished being a DFW I am going to be a MFW, so there! :p
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Jacks_xxx wrote: »
    I will be 40 :eek: in June 2009 and it would be lovely to be able to be on the straight and narrow by then, cos I want to have a great big fabulous boozy party and not feel even one tiny bit guilty about it! :D

Love Jacks xxx :D

I'll be 40 in June 2009 too Jacks - shall we have a joint party :beer:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    Options
    I'll be 40 a year in August so whats that 2009?! Oh flippin heck...getting a bit close, its my sister on Sat & there's no denying it then cos she's always been 18 months older than me!! :) Problem is the rate I'm going my ovaries are gonna run out before I get debt free and find me a man!! Flippin typical! THus prooving my point that this 10 year plan stuf is b****ocks, never goes as you expect it to! Anyway...rant over...we'll get there! Dont know about goals - would be nice to be able to celebrate in a DFW wy but unsure how...send a surprise in the post or sommat but then pepys have to be careful of (1) money (2) security re giving out addresses etc cos you dont know who people are do you eh!! Could be any nutter...I mean just look at Lenny - he claims to be in submarines but looking at his avatar clearly its more of a spaceship thing he does...always said he was on another planet!...all ideas welcome!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm here for the long haul as well, just done my accounts for November and i've got 72 months left after that, but will bring that forward as a loan finishes and i can overpay my loan from my parents.
    Then my next goal is my mortgage, but i have a feeling that life, marriage, family planning may get in the way which terrifies me to be honest.
    Can i have a number please - i love numbers, specially when they go down!
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Wow - there are loads of us going to hit 40 at around the same time - perfect excuse for another DFW meet :T :D
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • 1_step_closer
    Options
    I'll be 40 next September too! I'l like to lose pounds of fat as well as pounds of debt! :p
    If you wait for perfect conditions, nothing would ever get done! :T
    I'm not short - I'm condensed awesome! :p
  • planbetter
    Options
    This sounds like the thread for me. Can I join? Not sure how much I owe and don't actually have a way of not adding to it all the time - it's like wrestling a tiger at the moment - son and ex hubby out of work, other son with expensive hobby, grandson who needs feeding, clothing etc, relatives overseas expecting a remittance and then there's the cats I inherited who keep needing the vet. It's going to take time to sort that lot out and as the only one working I need a bit of peer support so I don't end up moaning and making matters worse. I used to have a sense of humour and this thread sounds like fun
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/img/ml-thumb-spin2.gif
    :money:

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • MissKJ
    MissKJ Posts: 780 Forumite
    Options
    Shall we make some plans of how we are going to tackle this long haul debt thing. :rolleyes: I had a peak on the MFW thread and saw that some of them are quite resourceful. Some made houses in blocks of £1000. each time they pay a block off, they colour it in so they can see how much of their house they own. :cool: we could do something similar with maybe the "40" figure or something better? Any ideas or people with the right skills to devise something. Otherwise we could do group debts payments per month to sound like big numbers.:eek:
    unsecured Debts at [strike]August 2007 £79,984[/strike] September £79,579 [STRIKE]Snowballing date July 2013[/STRIKE].

May 2009, £76,772 unsecured debts

DMP started Dec 2008, End date at start 2133!
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mmm, I dont like the 40 idea as much as a wonderful milestone figure it is - I have another 17 years to go. I like the house idea, but I dont think it should be in the thousands, i think it should be in 100's or 500's as we all have such high figures, it might be a bit disheartening if our house takes a long time to be built.
    Would the group debts be everyones debt and payments together? I like this too although it would go up as well as down as new people join.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure