Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the gin info beanie.:)

I like your chart greentiger. I do a running total alongside my food diary but yours is much prettier.:)

I agree it's such a shame that smoked mackerel is so high in syns but there are many much lower than the Asda one. Some can be 1 syn per 100g. I know it can be expensive but chilled smoked salmon fillets are a good substitute and they can be free, for example, Aldi.

I haven't decided yet whether to have lunch at home or buy something out so menu may vary. This is what's planned:

Today's EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 boiled eggs, HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP with cottage cheese and beetroot
    D: SW spaghetti Bolognese
    Syns: Parmesan 1
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Take care of yourself.

Asda fishmongers selection kiln roasted mackerel fillets, chilled (per 100g) - 5.5 syns

It's a shame smoked mackerel is so high, cos I love it.

Ouch, that hurt more than the bruises! I actually wanted salmon but they didn't have any. I'll give the rest to the dogs. They'll love it.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I agree it's such a shame that smoked mackerel is so high in syns but there are many much lower than the Asda one. Some can be 1 syn per 100g. I know it can be expensive but chilled smoked salmon fillets are a good substitute and they can be free, for example, Aldi.

I know there are other better smoked fish, but I get a bit bored of smoked salmon.
    Don't eat as much fish as I should, and a bit fussy on it. The only way I eat white fish is deep fried in batter from the chip shop or in a finger :)
    Like salmon, trout, smoked salmon, tinned tuna, tinned pilchards, tinned sardines and smoked mackerel, but other than that I just find it boring.
    Zebras rock
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    It's 6 weeks, so would be almost 5lb a week to lose

Not happening, if I'm realistic. Let's call it just 1 stone then. I'd rather take my time and do it right.
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Not happening, if I'm realistic. Let's call it just 1 stone then. I'd rather take my time and do it right.

I aimed for a very reasonable 14lb at the beginning of the challenge. Now I've put on 3, there is no way I'm reaching a 14lb loss in 6 weeks. Never mind, shoot for the moon and all that.
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options

A stone is more realistic. May feels soooooo much further than 6 weeks away :)
    Zebras rock
  • Stoke
    Options
    I aimed for a very reasonable 14lb at the beginning of the challenge. Now I've put on 3, there is no way I'm reaching a 14lb loss in 6 weeks. Never mind, shoot for the moon and all that.

Have you tried a prolonged period of SP? I know it's not to everyones taste but I think without SP I wouldn't be where I am today weight wise. If you can go without pasta, rice, potatoes, etc, then you should really consider it.
  • Stoke
    Options
    I know there are other better smoked fish, but I get a bit bored of smoked salmon.
    Don't eat as much fish as I should, and a bit fussy on it. The only way I eat white fish is deep fried in batter from the chip shop or in a finger :)
    Like salmon, trout, smoked salmon, tinned tuna, tinned pilchards, tinned sardines and smoked mackerel, but other than that I just find it boring.

Fish is something I've really discovered on SW. I eat King Prawns a lot now. Absolutely love them. No batter or anything, just good old prawns fried in frylight with a shed load of seasoning and what not :D
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    Have you tried a prolonged period of SP? I know it's not to everyones taste but I think without SP I wouldn't be where I am today weight wise. If you can go without pasta, rice, potatoes, etc, then you should really consider it.

This week I am alternating SP days - so Monday, Wednesday and Saturday have been/will be speed. To be honest, I know why I put 3lb on - totally off plan. Entirely my own fault, self sabotage is just one of the issues I am working on!

Be interesting to see how I do on Sunday after three speed days. If I have a good loss I might shoot for a whole week. I don't really miss the potatoes and pasta - it's the banana and yoghurt I miss!
  • Stoke
    Options
    This week I am alternating SP days - so Monday, Wednesday and Saturday have been/will be speed. To be honest, I know why I put 3lb on - totally off plan. Entirely my own fault, self sabotage is just one of the issues I am working on!

Be interesting to see how I do on Sunday after three speed days. If I have a good loss I might shoot for a whole week. I don't really miss the potatoes and pasta - it's the banana and yoghurt I miss!

No idea about bananas, but have you tried 'Quark Yoghurts'. It was a concoction mentioned in group, so I tried them. Wow, it actually works.

Buy a tub of completely fat free flavourless Quark. Sainsbury's, Waitrose etc are good for it. Pour in some sugar free cordial, Orange works well, but I've used Vimto sugar free, Rhubarb, Robinsons Summer Fruits, all kind of flavours..... Mix it in, and you'll eventually get a similar texture to Yoghurt and a surprisingly pleasant taste.

Totally on SP, free, and really good for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure